Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

GhostRHR slow Form=Function build

Old 06-29-2016, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should really look into the Rock Krawler kits you're in the price range for them already and they're nice. I'm in the process of swapping over to Rock Krawler and all I've gotten done is the coils and it's already night and day difference.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Re-bo
You should really look into the Rock Krawler kits you're in the price range for them already and they're nice. I'm in the process of swapping over to Rock Krawler and all I've gotten done is the coils and it's already night and day difference.
Which kit are you looking at? Or are you piecing together your own? and what shocks and springs are you going with?
Old 07-01-2016, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
They're all relatively the same. I chose to go with the ones that look like a taco vs the Teraflex ones that just sit against the back of the knuckle. I imagine they all do the same thing. I bought the Synergy because they were in stock through my guy but he recommends the g2 since they also come with LCA skids for the same price.

Free all of the time through August 25. I'll be headed out to Corolla in a couple weeks when a friend of mine gets back into town if you'd like to head out and join us. He's got the money where it counts- suspension and tires. Zero was spent on aesthetic upgrades and his truss will be my first install.

FWIW- when you see my setup, it looks very normal but it does well at URE, Corolla, and I've been on blue/ black/ Ann's purple trails at Rausch Creek with it.
Where is Carolla? you guys Camping out there or is it more of a day trip kind of thing? I might be interested.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Corolla is a day trip out to the beach, it's very family friendly. It's in North Carolina- go south on 168 then whip a u turn onto 12 north.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Finally got around to installing my Maximus-3 winch mount, Warn Zeon 10S, Factor 55 Fairlead, and Factor 55 Flatlink EClick image for larger version

Name:	winch2.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	663053Click image for larger version

Name:	winch.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	663054
Old 01-18-2017, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Got my Teraflex 3" Sport S/T 3 w/ Fox Shocks installed this weekend. Along with my Fuel Trophy 17x8.5 -6 wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5x17 Tires. So far I love this set up rides really well on the street well get some off-road use next month on a short trip to GA for some overlanding fun to really see how it rides and get a good review of the suspension and tires especially since there isn't much out there on these tires although everything i have heard so far has been great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0747.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	3.58 MB
ID:	664863   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0745.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	664864   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0753.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	664867   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0754.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	664868  
Old 01-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

That thing is coming right along. How was the install of the TF kit? It looks like they've got more allowances for controlling uptravel so you don't feel the harsh bumps of the ride.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

To be honest as much as I didn't want to I paid to have it installed. looking through the instructions it was super doable, but my wife just had major surgery and with work and starting my business and my normal active duty navy job i really didn't have time! But I think this kit is really top quality. I looked it over and compared it to other kits i have seen and i feel although a bit pricey it is a very thought out kit and the parts are really nice. These speed bump bump stops are pretty great and i did a high speed curb run and this thing swallowed up that curb like it was nothing lol
Old 01-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

I'd like to check it over one day, it does look like it would destroy a curb without any hesitation. Eventually I'll add something like the speed bumps to improve that portion of the ride on mine. Awesome that you're sitting high now though and you've got a trip planned coming soon.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:16 AM
JK Newbie

yeah absolutely! let me know we can get up, I'm looking to find some local groups too. I'd like to meet some like minded people and also figure with my business could help the community grow a bit as well as get some good deals on parts and gear.

Quick Reply: GhostRHR slow Form=Function build