Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 Jeep JK Sahara - Transmission hard shift into gear on cold start

Old 06-08-2016, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Jeep JK Sahara - Transmission hard shift into gear on cold start

Hello everyone.
I have 2013 Jeep wrangler JK Sahara. I could use some input rom anyone that may have experience the following:

Lately on a cold start, when shift into reverse or drive, I get a strong jolt in the tranny.

Also, the engine light comes on.

Sometimes it feels to stay in first gear and will not shift automatically. I have to put into neutral then back into drive an then I works fine, but engine light remains on. After driving about a mile, hard shift disappears, but light stays on.

I recently had the transmission flushed, fluid and filter changed. The dealer read the code but was not able to determine the issue being the light engine indicator turned off. When I left the dealer that morning, no issues until I started it up again that afternoon. Same jolt and engine light came on. Dealer saw no indications of wear or any other issues.

I have 35's, I installed Superchips to calibrate tires for correct speed reading. I have 44K miles. Plan to take it back to dealer.

Any thoughts or similar experience is welcome.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2016, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a somewhat similar issue but maybe not as serious. Sometimes when putting it into Reverse it takes a little to engage. Not a big deal. But I have seen an increase in a slip or hard shift when dropping from 2nd into 1st. Basically in traffic or at slower speeds, I accelerate and then if I let off and it downshifts it slips like 75% of the time.

Quick Reply: 2013 Jeep JK Sahara - Transmission hard shift into gear on cold start