Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

CB Tuning in San Diego Area

Old 06-08-2016, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Tuning in San Diego Area

Can anyone recommend a shop that will tune a CB in the north county San Diego area? I have a Cobra 75 wx st CB with a 4' Firestix antenna. I am using a meter and have tried everything I can think of but still can't get it tuned.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2016, 10:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Been looking for the same thing bro. Hopefully someone can chime in and help us out.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 06-09-2016, 02:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LOLO9293
Been looking for the same thing bro. Hopefully someone can chime in and help us out. Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
How have you mounted the antenna? Is it on the tire carrier? You must isolate the antenna from the tail gate. I had similar problem with a firestick on my Ace Engineering bumper. Had to drill out hole in mount and SWR wend from over 3 to 1.2.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by genesis121
Can anyone recommend a shop that will tune a CB in the north county San Diego area? I have a Cobra 75 wx st CB with a 4' Firestix antenna. I am using a meter and have tried everything I can think of but still can't get it tuned. Thanks
I don't know about San Diego but I did find out there is a great shop in Barstow if you are ever in the area. I heard about it from a trucker because I was having trouble with mine. I eventually got mine to work on my own. I think I had to completely remove the tuner! Anyway, I Don't have the name of the place but if you are ever passing through there you should look it up it can't be hard to find.

Wish there was a more local shop. If love to have a pro look at it and tell me all is good or if it can be better. I'm pretty close to around 1.2 getting like 1.5 in the high channels
Old 06-09-2016, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am way too high on the meter, found this article that is a starting point for high SWR readings

High SWR Troubleshooting Guide | Right Channel Radios

Quick Reply: CB Tuning in San Diego Area