Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

First trip to EJS... what to do and expect?

Old 06-14-2016, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First trip to EJS... what to do and expect?

Hey everyone. Me and a couple friends are planning on attending EJS 2017. We're flying from Eastern Canada. We're completely oblivious on the schedule, registration, what to do, expect. Pretty much everything.
I'm looking for some help how to plan our trip. We'll need Jeep rentals ( modded obviously, best place to deal with ) accommodations, how to go on trail runs. Pretty much everything we need to know to have a memerable trip.
Any and all info/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 06-14-2016, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Quite a ways off but definitely check out Barlow Adventures in Moab for Jeep rental and information. Otherwise, keep an eye out here for more information and get signed up for some runs.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:10 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Plan early as the place will be full. There are several rental places for jeeps and razors as well as guided tours. Some places have a small fee per vehicle and there are patrols out on the trails but the place is huge and pretty open. Just follow the black marks on the trails. There are lots of hotels as well as several camp grounds and condo rentals.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

It's still way early to get registered for trails, but get signed up here:

Red Rock 4-Wheelers, Inc. -

That's where you'll select your trails and packages if that's what you decide to do. They have the ratings all broken down by difficulty and run a great show.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:45 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I was speaking of a place to stay, hotels and campgrounds are already booking for next year.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:51 AM
Former Member

Ive been to EJS 5 times now, but none recently. Me and my brother are also going to EJS 2017. The only thing I know, is weather your planning on camping, RVing or getting a hotel............

GET IT NOW! We just confirmed our RV reservations for the week of April 5th through the 17th, and 2 out of the first 3 RV camping spots we checked were ALREADY full.

Trail sign up as was noted will not be until spring on the RR site, but if you dont have your hotel/camp spot/RV pad by then its highly likely you will not get a spot...........or at least not get the spot you want.

HTH
Old 06-21-2016, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I was speaking of a place to stay, hotels and campgrounds are already booking for next year.
I was helping the void of oblivion in regards to registering for trails. Teamwork makes the dream work.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, and on the bright side, it's a few weeks later than it was this year, thanks to whatever voodoo they do when it comes to deciding when Easter will be. This year was downright chilly. Moab got a pretty decent dusting of snow following big weekend. We got it in a bit coming up on Thursday before. Warm is good!
Old 06-21-2016, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just like everyone said, make your hotel or RV reservations early. If you don't, you might have to go out to Sorrell River ranch, which is wife nice, and has a price tag to match.
When you see the trails come out, usually in January, be ready to go. The best trails will go fast.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:54 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Az scooter
Just like everyone said, make your hotel or RV reservations early. If you don't, you might have to go out to Sorrell River ranch, which is wife nice, and has a price tag to match.
When you see the trails come out, usually in January, be ready to go. The best trails will go fast.

Yup. Good advice! Get your lodging squared away as SOON as you know what your doing.................a LOT of folks I know got their accommodations for next year RIGHT after this years EJS. I waited till May of this year, and even then got aced out of my 1st and 2nd choices of RV parks.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: First trip to EJS... what to do and expect?