Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need tires and low entry height. Help!!

Old 06-19-2016, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjkamp
It adds up fast: 10 gallons of fuel: about 65lbs. 10 gallons water: 83.4 lbs. some tools 50-100lbs. That fridge fully loaded: IDK, camping gear 50+lbs. other food:??? Passengers: couple hundred lbs. a full size 35in. Spare hanging way out over the rear bumper (even on a stock wheel) is going to be around 25-45lbs heavier than your stock wheel and tire depending on what tire you get and what tire you currently have.

My solution, since I just bought the springs, and didn't like how they sat, was to take them back out and through a spacer on top of them in the rear only. Cheep and easy, but eventually as I continue to ad weight, I will be replacing for heavier duty springs.

That's why the Jeeps come with the factory rake, so that they aren't dragging their tail every time you put a little camping gear in the back.

As with all things Jeep: plan ahead, try to buy only once rather than twice.

Hope this helps happy Jeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Yeah you're right. By the time I add up weight of fluids, tools, camping gear, 35" spare, and a loaded fridge, its gonna be pretty hefty. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Quick Reply: Need tires and low entry height. Help!!