Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

37s and no lift.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should also mention that you can probably tell I removed more from the front of the tire than the rear. If I removed any more from the rear after the second bolt up top above the hubs, there would be a large separation of metal. You can feel inside your wells and there is a part in the back where you'll know what I mean. I could've notched and folded and had more clearance on the rear sections, but I didn't need it as I'm not stretched any like the RK X-Factor and some other kits do for you. I don't want to stretch any and I think they only do that to fit bigger tires without hitting the front pinch seam and without trimming as much off the front. It makes your springs sit weird and causes issues with swaybar or trackbar or something hitting springs, i forgot exactly what. But anyway
Old 06-26-2016, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I need to go back and refinish the wells. On parts of the edges the stock paint chipped up and I need to sand it down to smooth transition after I remove plasti-dip and before I undercoat it. They aren't pretty as far as cosmetics go, but it's the wheel well for crying out loud. I'm pretty super anal about my jeep being clean and everything done properly and right and things being perfect, but I don't care about the wheel wells as much. They're dirty 100% of the time and it's an area that nobody looks at. It's not like your door, for instance. Or your sliders. Etc. So if anyone thinks they're ugly then boo hoo. Cry to yourself about it. Lol
Old 06-26-2016, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

So close up top it looks like I'm rubbing but I'm not. As you can see there's more room in the back of the tire than the front, even though in pictures it looks like there's no room in the back before it will contact, it doesn't even contact.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-302658006.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	411.7 KB
ID:	650765  
Old 06-27-2016, 06:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good man.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yep, thanks, looks like I have more trimming to do when these 35's wear out and I move up to 37's.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the write up and pics (always helpful for me). Until I saw that last picture I was wondering about the rear because the tire moves rearward when it moves up. I see plenty of room. Once you undercoat it it will be very hard to see the imperfections. Good job, and now I have this picture in my head of you down there with that hammer "rat-a-tat-a-tat" like a heavy metal drummer. If the neighbors can't accept that it is a Jeep thing, forget 'em.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
Thanks for the write up and pics (always helpful for me). Until I saw that last picture I was wondering about the rear because the tire moves rearward when it moves up. I see plenty of room. Once you undercoat it it will be very hard to see the imperfections. Good job, and now I have this picture in my head of you down there with that hammer "rat-a-tat-a-tat" like a heavy metal drummer. If the neighbors can't accept that it is a Jeep thing, forget 'em.
Lol. Nobody said anything I just know I brought some out to see if it was a rifle firing haha. They know all about loud noises coming from my house hahahaha. Always working on stuff over here. I used a mini sledge and still couldn't knock that one area back any further, and I was almost a state champion powerlifter in high school. In Texas. So it's definitely a job for the hulk. Or a hydraulic hammer or something. There's not enough room to give it a nice power swing and do so accurately so I just eventually gave up on that part and accepted I wouldn't have a perfect transition

Quick Reply: 37s and no lift.