Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

37s and no lift.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:((
That looks bad. Sorry I'll take the lift. But more power too ya

Zimmy5280
Old 06-19-2016, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're running stock shocks? Then no, you don't have more than most lifted jeeps, at least none that aren't bump stomped like hell. Stock shocks are like 8" travel while most lifted have at least 9-12"ish
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-343899400.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	546.8 KB
ID:	650177  
Old 06-19-2016, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man you people make me laugh. Do you understand that just because you have a longer shock doesn't mean you have more travel? They have a longer shock because their bodies are sitting further from the axles. That has nothing to do with how much actual articulation they have, which usually, they ARE "bumpstopped to hell," due to the fact that even a 35" tire will contact the rear wheel well under hardly any uptravel. You must not understand basics saying things like that. Most people who are running 2.5-3.5 lifts do not have more than stock articulation, they usually have about equal, and it's due to the fact that a lift is literally only used to clear big tires and regain the lost articulation when using a larger tore in an I modified wheel well. I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade but it'll be about the 15th time, all the others being in person when people want to think these things. It's extremely comical. Here, I'll post a picture of a 3.5 rubicon express lift at full flex, and then you can compare it to mine in the same type of shot. If any single one of you sit there and try to say that mine doesn't articulate just a slight bit more or at least the exact same, then you are either completely blind or you are just lying to yourself and others for the sake of keeping your illusions. I have done this in person time and again. The only reason I posted was because nobody else has done this to my knowledge with this amount of travel. No lift an 37s. So here

Name:	image-1827790216.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	650178  
Old 06-19-2016, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

^ that's a 3.5 lift on pro comp 37s. Here's mine again.

I'll say it again. If you think you can argue with photographic evidence be my guest you haters. Making me laugh. If you seriously sit there and try to deny the fact that my jeep has more gap than that 3.5 RE jeep you're just blind or a liar. Either way, it's sad people feel the need to dispute something so obvious.

Name:	image-4249967186.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	642.7 KB
ID:	650179  
Old 06-19-2016, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have no clue, lol. You are comparing to shitty lifts nothing someone on here would recommend. You properly use bumpstops to use all your shock travel, not to limit it. I have a 3" lift and use every inch of 12" shock travel. Your 8" shocks on a factory set up can't have the same travel. Can you do this...

Last edited by Biginboca; 06-19-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I made the thread just to entertain those who cared, not to argue with people who I know are wrong. And i honestly could not give less of a f*ck about what YOU think about MY jeeps looks. Lmfao. Such haters. Like children. Didn't your mommies teach you if you have nothing nice to say to keep it to yourself? What mental need of yours do you fulfil by commenting that my jeep looks bad? Which is purely opinion anyways, just ignorant to say as if your views are universal. I would love to delve into the mentalities behind these things but I won't conduct a psychology class on jk forum. Plus it would just be denied I'm sure anyways. 😂✌🏼️
Old 06-19-2016, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biginboca
You have no clue, lol. You properly use bumpstops to use all your shock travel, not to limit it. I have a 3" lift and use every inch of 12" shock travel. Your 8" shocks on a factory set up can't have the same travel. Can you do this...
Tell ya what bub, take a measurement of the angle your drive axle is at and I'll let you know how close I come
Old 06-19-2016, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

"You properly use bumpstops to use all your shock travel, not to limit it."

Wow I cannot help but to laugh at that. Literally laugh out loud. Are you serious? Bumpstops do not enable you to use more shock travel than no bumpstops. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. They limit uptravel period. The end. To prevent tire from running usually, which usually happens before your shock bottoms out, in which case what you wrote would still be incorrect.

Hopefully you just misphrased something else you meant to say.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, my statement was that I have as much or more than some 3.5 setups on 37s, not that I out articulate all 3.5 setups ever built, so the fact that anyone might post a picture of their jeep on here as if I was referring to your jeep, or if your jeep makes what I said untrue, is literally ridiculous. I pretty much expected this type of reaction from some people in this forum, but I did not expect such a lack of intelligent discussion
Old 06-19-2016, 03:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I must be missing something in this conversation. A shock with 8" of travel would have 4" up and 4" down from ride height, right? (or 5" up and 3" down ... or whatever). A 10" travel shock would have 5" up and 5" down. A 12" travel would have 6" up and 6" down. How does the stock 8" travel shock get those extra 2 or 4 inches that would give it the same articulation as the longer shocks?

my statement was that I have as much or more than some 3.5 setups on 37s,
Nevermind, I think I got it now. It was just a blanket statement that everyone but you is bumpstopped incorrectly.

Last edited by nthinuf; 06-19-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 37s and no lift.