Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another Dilemna--JKU Sport or JKU Willy

Old 06-19-2016, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Dilemna--JKU Sport or JKU Willy

Getting ready to order my new Jeep. Have the deal all set with the dealer, regarding price and trade in values, etc. Just deciding on final color choice.

Be my first 4 door Jeep JKU. 4th Jeep have owned though.

Plan was to get a Sport JKU with only upgrades being Automatic transmission, 3.73 gears and premium soft top. Then put on after market wheels (Black quadratec Moab?), 255/80R17 tires, add a 2.5" lift kit (RK, OME, TF, AEV - still debating a bit). Few other things like grab handles and rubber mats. Was not going to add the LSD. Figure with 4x4 and the Brake system, OK?

Well, now thinking maybe best to go for a Willy's Edition. Just buy and leave stock. Price would be very similar. At best, maybe just do a budget boost, put on the 255/80r17 tires sell the stock Willy's tires.

Price would be very similar when all said and done. Maybe the Willys being $1,000 more if I swap out the tires and add a budget boost.

So trying to decide if I should just go that route.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SamlautRanger
Getting ready to order my new Jeep. Have the deal all set with the dealer, regarding price and trade in values, etc. Just deciding on final color choice. Be my first 4 door Jeep JKU. 4th Jeep have owned though. Plan was to get a Sport JKU with only upgrades being Automatic transmission, 3.73 gears and premium soft top. Then put on after market wheels (Black quadratec Moab?), 255/80R17 tires, add a 2.5" lift kit (RK, OME, TF, AEV - still debating a bit). Few other things like grab handles and rubber mats. Was not going to add the LSD. Figure with 4x4 and the Brake system, OK? Well, now thinking maybe best to go for a Willy's Edition. Just buy and leave stock. Price would be very similar. At best, maybe just do a budget boost, put on the 255/80r17 tires sell the stock Willy's tires. Price would be very similar when all said and done. Maybe the Willys being $1,000 more if I swap out the tires and add a budget boost. So trying to decide if I should just go that route.
I was in the same dilemma last year when I was buying. I ended up with a Willy's Unlimited, with the 3.73s, BFG M/T tires, LSD being standard it's pretty much built for what I I'll use it for as I'm more wanting it for overlanding.

Quick Reply: Another Dilemna--JKU Sport or JKU Willy