Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New here quick question

Old 06-19-2016, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here quick question

So yesterday my abs light, especially based light, and traction control light, oh and brake light all came on it went to advance to get parts for wife's liberty and had them check codes and nothing any idea
Old 06-19-2016, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeysjeep
So yesterday my abs light, especially based light, and traction control light, oh and brake light all came on it went to advance to get parts for wife's liberty and had them check codes and nothing any idea

ABS codes cannot be read by a standard code reader. 99% likely you have a bad ABS wheel speed sensor. $20 a piece. Can be changed in the driveway with hand tools.

If you find a shop or a Jeep dealer that has an ABS code reader that won't charge you and arm and a leg to read the code they can tell you exactly which one is bad. Either that or spend about $80 replacing all four.

The rear are super easy, you don't even have to remove the wheel/tire. The fronts are a hair more challenging, but not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 06-19-2016, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-20-2016, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Cool thanks for the info this is the 1st wrangler I've owned the wife drives a jacked up kj. And told me to stop messing with her jeep and go get my own lol.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

You might try adjusting your drag link, because if your steering wheel is off centre, you will also get an aray of dash lights. Had this happen, after hitting a nasty pothole.

Quick Reply: New here quick question