Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Which shop should do my gears?

Old 06-21-2016, 01:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which shop should do my gears?

Got a quote from a jeep dealership in rural Maryland for 350 an axel plus parts and fluids. The shop manager said they haven't don't a lot of jeeps but they regear pick up trucks all the time. They sounded like they knew what they were talking about

Vs

Adrenaline off road who quoted me 1700 including parts-either G2 or Yukons.

Jeff the owner obviously knew his shit-to say they sounded confident is an understatement.

Both offer a 90 day labor guarantee.

I don't want to get tempted by the cheaper price, but the dealership could save me around 400 bucks.

Who should I go to?
Old 06-21-2016, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine done at 4wp and they charged me around 2,000... So your offers are better than mine haha. Then I had my rear dif blow out on the highway about 4 months later. Glad I had the warranty so they replaced it all. If I were you I would go too Adrenaline off road. I'm sure if something were too happen to your gears, they wouldn't be as difficult to deal with like the dealership would. If the dealership charges way less than anywhere else, why wouldn't they be doing a lot more..?

Quick Reply: Which shop should do my gears?