Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Keeping cats out

Old 06-23-2016, 07:22 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
Big man? Not sure what that is intended to imply?

I'd shoot you if you jumped on my car, why would a cat be any different. It's a ****ing rodent. You let rodents live around your house? I don't.

I am guessing that your a cat person. That's cool. I on the other am not. I am a car person, and I take my vehicles very serious and keep them in way above average condition. My dog would never jump on a car, that shit is stopped before it starts when they are pups.

I'm glad that you are so emotional over cats and raccoons. You have feelings and respect all life. Your a good man. Have a good day, and be safe in whatever you do.

Bring your cat over one day, my dog would love to frolic around our pasture with it.
Holy F@#$ing shit dude. So you would shoot a dog if he jumped up on the side of your Jeep and scratched it up since you're "very serious" about your vehicles? Mmmmmm me thinks probably not. I love dogs and I love cats. I love animals much more than a lot of humans. Cats KILL the rodents. Its cool if your a dog guy, but cats arnt F-ing raccoons, nor pests.
And no its not about feral VS pet cats, its about what kind of f-ing person you are.

I assume since you are dog only guy, that you assume all cat people have and are pussies. Some are..............some still carry the H&K they have always had in conjunction with their CCP, and would have NO issue going to jail for shooting some moron AND his dog who shot his animal or worse yet got his jollies off on watching his mutt snap some cats neck just for the fun of it. My animals ARE my family. The whole ability to spout inane stupid shit is what makes our country great.
"...........effective at grabbing animals by the head and shaking them until their necks snap. I think its a fun game to her?" That tells me ALL I need to know about you brother.

I gotta say you opened my eyes a bit. Im sure you are not representative of the whole populous of this site, but I think its enough. Im a newbie around here, and dont have much experience on the forums yet.
At first I found this place very enlightening and helpful, and for the most part that remains.......But being offended or butt-hurt is a choice. As a gun-toting registered Republican, I can take all the drumpf voting morons, as I dont get offended at anything anymore really, but that last quote is a tad much.
I have no issue with the OP, his thread or the way he posted it. However, I have no interest in seeing these types of responses when Im surfing a Jeep forum for Jeep related stuff.

Obviously no one on this site will miss a new member who doesn't have many posts anyway, so I think this thread/point in time is a good place to delete my membership here. NBD really, its all good, and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity I had to participate in some actual Jeep threads, and to all the guys who responded with some really helpful advice, cheers. Each to his own, and just like anything, we each have our own opinions and thoughts but I have no interest in a forum with members who post this kind of shit.

BTW, bring yourself and your dog to my farm; my H&K and I would love to frolic around our pasture with you guys!

Have a good day and be safe
Old 06-23-2016, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Out2gtcha

Obviously no one on this site will miss a new member who doesn't have many posts anyway, so I think this thread/point in time is a good place to delete my membership here. NBD really, its all good, and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity I had to participate in some actual Jeep threads, and to all the guys who responded with some really helpful advice, cheers. Each to his own, and just like anything, we each have our own opinions and thoughts but I have no interest in a forum with members who post this kind of shit.

I agree wholeheartedly. I hope you do stay around the forum, because it will help to balance the population of the forum. Just don't go to wranglerforum or wayalife since those are worse and way worse than the JK forum in this regard.

And BTW I agree with you about some dufus whose dog would hurt one of my cats: I don't mind shooting your dog, although I ordinarily am carrying a Kahr or a Ruger.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Oh you sound like such a big man!!! .<snip>. A$$ .....
+1

couldn't have said it better.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Big man? Not sure what that is intended to imply?
It was sarcasm.

It's a ****ing rodent.
No, it's not. Maybe you should look that up when you are looking up 'sarcasm'.
... that your a cat person. ... very serious and ... Your a good man.
you're
seriously
You're

Look up 'homophones' and 'adjectives' while you have your dictionary open.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unlike a cat, my dog stays within our property.

The butt hurt is strong today.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

i use an airsoft gun with the heavy weight pellets for cats. we have a shit ton of them around here and there is nothing like having nasty fkn hair balls puked up on your hood or roof. its real fun to clean up. if i could use my 22 on them i would but the airsoft is all i can do right now.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by mr72
I agree wholeheartedly. I hope you do stay around the forum, because it will help to balance the population of the forum. Just don't go to wranglerforum or wayalife since those are worse and way worse than the JK forum in this regard.

And BTW I agree with you about some dufus whose dog would hurt one of my cats: I don't mind shooting your dog, although I ordinarily am carrying a Kahr or a Ruger.
Thanks man. Good to know. Always good to hear that there are other types of Jeep owners other than sadistic morons. Like the Rugers too. Smooth firing gun.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:27 AM
Former Member

Unlike a cat, my dog stays within our property. .

Awe dang! Too bad. Sparky was looking forward to meeting you and your bitch.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

people got way to butthurt over this thread. some people see cats as pests and in some places they are. just like some see snakes , coons , squirrels as pests. do you all get so worked up when some one kills a snake?
Old 06-23-2016, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Hav-a-hart trap and then release it to the local animal shelter. I too have feral cats in the area and the animal shelter is happy to find them a new home. No harm, no foul. If someone owns the cat without a collar then they can easily pick it up.

Anyone else have viable solutions for deterring the cats?

Shooting the cat seems a little extreme- we are talking about being inches from your $30k+ truck and even if you're a good shot there's still going to be cleanup required.

Quick Reply: Keeping cats out