Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Keeping cats out

Old 06-23-2016, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually use a 22 for cats, .223 for coyotes & groundhogs and poison for the little POS chipmunks.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:07 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
people got way to butthurt over this thread. some people see cats as pests and in some places they are. just like some see snakes , coons , squirrels as pests. do you all get so worked up when some one kills a snake?

Hence my FIRST post -

Originally Posted by Out2gtcha
But being offended or butt-hurt is a choice. As a gun-toting registered Republican, I can take all the drumpf voting morons, as I dont get offended at anything anymore really, but that last quote is a tad much.
They do say 1/2 or more of all forum readers dont get much past the title and first line or two before typing a response.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well lets get this tread back on topic and off animal cruelty charges.

Cheapest and easiest way to keep animals out of your Jeep, put your top on or buy a trail cover.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by larry0071
Wild/feral cats? Or your beloved pet cats?

Personally, I see cats as rodents and kill them if my dogs don't get them first. I live in a rural area, and if I don't take care of the cats, mice, moles, ground hogs, skunks and raccoons that try to share the space around the house, they multiply.

Luckily, my one dog is very effective at grabbing animals by the head and shaking them until their necks snap. I think its a fun game to her? But sometimes she isn't on the ball, and I step in and take up the slack. There would never be a day that I let a cat live that walked on my paint or jumped into my car.
"Beloved" pets, yeah. Otherwise I'd totally shoot them.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Oh you sound like such a big man!!! Too bad irresponsible pet owners don't have their pets fixed...... None the less it's a living animal and maybe a pest in some cases but I would never kill one because it jumped into my jeep or walked on my paint .... A$$ .....
Both cats are fixed, but I would totally shoot something for getting in my Jeep. Probably not these two kitties, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want to. I just like to keep my paint/interior as nice as possible.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mr72
16+ years of parking a convertible with the top down 80+% of the time, never had a cat pee in the car. Ever.

Don't worry about it. Worst you are going to get is a paw print or two.

You should be far more concerned about birds, tree pollen, dust from the trail (which in my case, is impossible to get out and stinks). I have spent a lot of time cleaning cedar (mountain juniper) and oak pollen out of my convertibles. Maybe once in 1.5 decades a bird got the underside of the top while it was folded, never any problem with any animal, ever.
My Jeep stays pretty safe from the elements where I park, but the kitty cats seem to think it's ok to sleep on my mesh sunshade. The Jeep sits up a little higher than my Polaris, so they move to the Jeep when it's home. Drives me up the wall. Nothing sucks more than coming home with a freshly washed sparkly Jeep and it being covered in cat prints 15 minutes later. They also like to get inside and sleep in the seats, and I can't stand pet hair. I hate pet hair more than ISIS.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kellen
Mothballs
I read this somewhere else, and they said it worked. I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:28 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could always take Canada's lead. Apparently some citizens there don't care to shoot em' but actually prefer to have sex with them!?!

See kids, that's what happens when you let a bunch of commies take over your goobermint & supreme court lol.

Canada’s Supreme Court Legalizes Some Sex Acts with Animals -- June 9, 2016
---> http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-sex-animals/

In a quixotic ruling, the country’s high court ruled that a man who was on trial for raping and sexually exploiting his own daughters wasn’t guilty of “bestiality.” The man reportedly, “smeared peanut butter on the genitals of his victims and had the family dog lick it off while he videotaped the act.”

WTF?!?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 10.25.20 PM.png
Views:	115
Size:	635.7 KB
ID:	650563

Adios to the butt-hurt people! I hope you find your "safe" space lol.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Out2gtcha
Holy F@#$ing shit dude. So you would shoot a dog if he jumped up on the side of your Jeep and scratched it up since you're "very serious" about your vehicles? Mmmmmm me thinks probably not. I love dogs and I love cats. I love animals much more than a lot of humans. Cats KILL the rodents. Its cool if your a dog guy, but cats arnt F-ing raccoons, nor pests.
And no its not about feral VS pet cats, its about what kind of f-ing person you are.

I assume since you are dog only guy, that you assume all cat people have and are pussies. Some are..............some still carry the H&K they have always had in conjunction with their CCP, and would have NO issue going to jail for shooting some moron AND his dog who shot his animal or worse yet got his jollies off on watching his mutt snap some cats neck just for the fun of it. My animals ARE my family. The whole ability to spout inane stupid shit is what makes our country great.
"...........effective at grabbing animals by the head and shaking them until their necks snap. I think its a fun game to her?" That tells me ALL I need to know about you brother.

I gotta say you opened my eyes a bit. Im sure you are not representative of the whole populous of this site, but I think its enough. Im a newbie around here, and dont have much experience on the forums yet.
At first I found this place very enlightening and helpful, and for the most part that remains.......But being offended or butt-hurt is a choice. As a gun-toting registered Republican, I can take all the drumpf voting morons, as I dont get offended at anything anymore really, but that last quote is a tad much.
I have no issue with the OP, his thread or the way he posted it. However, I have no interest in seeing these types of responses when Im surfing a Jeep forum for Jeep related stuff.

Obviously no one on this site will miss a new member who doesn't have many posts anyway, so I think this thread/point in time is a good place to delete my membership here. NBD really, its all good, and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity I had to participate in some actual Jeep threads, and to all the guys who responded with some really helpful advice, cheers. Each to his own, and just like anything, we each have our own opinions and thoughts but I have no interest in a forum with members who post this kind of shit.

BTW, bring yourself and your dog to my farm; my H&K and I would love to frolic around our pasture with you guys!

Have a good day and be safe
I guess you missed the thing that says I'm from Texas. Shooting things doesn't upset me. I shot the neighbors pitbull after it killed the majority of my chickens. If it hurts your feelings, click on another thread, bro. Don't even bother responding. Why inject yourself into a situation like this? I just wanted to know how to keep my kitty cats out of my whip. If I wanted to shoot them, I would have and I wouldn't have asked you keyboard warriors what you thought about it.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	alpha-male.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	650571

Quick Reply: Keeping cats out