Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Keeping cats out

Old 06-24-2016, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
Big man? Not sure what that is intended to imply? I'd shoot you if you jumped on my car, why would a cat be any different. It's a ****ing rodent. You let rodents live around your house? I don't. I am guessing that your a cat person. That's cool. I on the other am not. I am a car person, and I take my vehicles very serious and keep them in way above average condition. My dog would never jump on a car, that shit is stopped before it starts when they are pups. I'm glad that you are so emotional over cats and raccoons. You have feelings and respect all life. Your a good man. Have a good day, and be safe in whatever you do. Bring your cat over one day, my dog would love to frolic around our pasture with it.
I literally never say anything negative on this site, but you are a huge piece of shit, and I hope bad things happen to you.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
Wild/feral cats? Or your beloved pet cats?

Personally, I see cats as rodents and kill them if my dogs don't get them first. I live in a rural area, and if I don't take care of the cats, mice, moles, ground hogs, skunks and raccoons that try to share the space around the house, they multiply.

Luckily, my one dog is very effective at grabbing animals by the head and shaking them until their necks snap. I think its a fun game to her? But sometimes she isn't on the ball, and I step in and take up the slack. There would never be a day that I let a cat live that walked on my paint or jumped into my car.
If you shot my cat I'd beat your ass.

Please sell your jeep and buy a farm truck redneck
Old 06-25-2016, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I leave my top and doors off all the time. And just park it in the garage and shut the garage door. No cats get in, problem solved!
Old 06-25-2016, 09:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright,

If you don't live in an area where raccoons skunks and prairie dogs are an issue on your land, you won't get it.

Making ridiculous negative blanket statements doesn't make you more rational or sophisticated. Even rabbits and squirrels are rodents. Without saying a cat is a rodent is indifferent, is it a redneck cat?

Population control is conservation, especially when a small amount of these creatures are in fact pests. Nowhere in a post did it say blowing away innocent, glossy-eyed, freshly bathed, animals gave anyone a semi.

Whether they carry parasites or harmful diseases is also a factor in their need to be killed.

Obviously it's not any fault to the animal, look at CWD and what the animals go through.

To keep cats out of the jeep, put in a motion alarm, or frequency disruption mechanism, as mentioned. Most animals only come calling if they're given a reason. Food, shelter, and a comfortable seat are a no brainer for any animal.

Last edited by sa29560; 06-25-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
Alright,

If you don't live in an area where raccoons skunks and prairie dogs are an issue on your land, you won't get it.

Making ridiculous negative blanket statements doesn't make you more rational or sophisticated. Even rabbits and squirrels are rodents. Without saying a cat is a rodent is indifferent, is it a redneck cat?

Population control is conservation, especially when a small amount of these creatures are in fact pests. Nowhere in a post did it say blowing away innocent, glossy-eyed, freshly bathed, animals gave anyone a semi.

Whether they carry parasites or harmful diseases is also a factor in their need to be killed.

Obviously it's not any fault to the animal, look at CWD and what the animals go through.

To keep cats out of the jeep, put in a motion alarm, or frequency disruption mechanism, as mentioned. Most animals only come calling if they're given a reason. Food, shelter, and a comfortable seat are a no brainer for any animal.

Exactly right. People that don't live in rural areas just don't understand. If I had a garage, I'd put it in there. If the cats weren't my pets (that live outside) then I would have shot them. I do shoot the cats that arent my kitties. They are pests. They piss on things and fight with my cats. I don't enjoy killing things (normally) but I will if I have to. I'm gonna give the unltrasonic thing a shot.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Peppermint Extract ......Animals hate it .

Pour some on old rags and leave them on areas that won't stain , it is an oil .

Cats , Dogs , Raccoons , Chipmunks , Rats , Mice , Ect.......

Take it out before you go any place it can be strong if it gets on your interior it can melt plastic in liquid form .

It is also a training aid for your pets to stay off furnishings .

Wish it would work on Liberals .
Old 06-25-2016, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by un lupis
Peppermint Extract ......Animals hate it .

Pour some on old rags and leave them on areas that won't stain , it is an oil .
But I don't want to ride around smelling like mouthwash . . .

Originally Posted by un lupis
Wish it would work on Liberals .
Ok, not a prob if it worked for this . . .
Old 06-25-2016, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Mouthwash or Cat Piss........Choose .

If you take the rags out before you cruz , not an issue .

I like the smell of Mrs. Clause or even Mr. S. Clause better than nasty pussie pee .

The animal hair flyin" all over the place would make me want to choke out a Democrat , that's where I draw the line at violence to the stupid and defenseless .

Rodents will make nests in your interior IE: under the seat cushions if allowed to . to them it's a good place to raise their young .

A mouse nest smells worse than kitty pee , favorite places for that activity is behind the glove box , or in it . I've seen both .
That smell is one that you can't get rid of easily or one that you will likely not want to experience twice .

Democrats on the otherhand.......Well.......
Old 06-28-2016, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Moth balls do help . But mouse traps work really good put them where the cat cant see them until they jump up and snap . It doesn't hurt the cat .
Old 06-30-2016, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WyattO1759
They are up, and no.
Okay so next step I assume that you're leaving the top down?

Just flipped the top up and roll the windows up and the cats can't get in anymore. Am I missing something?

I mean I'd much rather do that then get a gun and start shooting cats.

And no, I'm definitely not a liberal, and I don't mind people who hunt or have guns.

Quick Reply: Keeping cats out