Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TIPM issue

Old 06-25-2016, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIPM issue

Hello, I have an issue with my 07 Jeep Wrangler X, randomly my wipers stopped working, I took it to the dealership and they diagnosed it as a TIMP that needs to be replaced, they quoted me at 700.00, every other part of my car works besides the front wipers, the fluid works and sprays but not the actual wipers, no movement. I am looking at non OEM brands and the TIPM seems to be around 200.00, my questions are

Should I buy an aftermarket TIPM or a off-brand?

Can I just try and find a part for the TIPM that fixes the wiper ( like a new module for the wiper, I looked at a picture of the TIPM interior and it shows different plugs, couldnt I just replace that plug?)

any other work arounds to get my front wipers moving again?

thank you.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They told me the same thing when my wipers quite working. It was the wiper motor. Chances are it failed and is throwing 2 codes. One is the wiper motor and the other will be something like high voltage something or other.

If your TIPM truly failed, you would have way worse symptoms than the wipers not working.

The wiper motor is $75 on ebay part number 68002489AA.

Replace that, I bet you that's the problem. If not, it's probably on the way out anyways and can't hurt to replace.

It takes about 20 minutes to replace with simple hand tools.

Quick Reply: TIPM issue