Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep Reboot---or Do-over so to speak

Old 06-27-2016, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Reboot---or Do-over so to speak

I had a 2013 Gecko green JK Unlimited Rubicon...I now have a 2016 Hydro Blue Unlimited rubicon...

previous jeep had a RK 2.5 Max Travel lift on it, was thinking of going to 3.5 springs because i was running stock flares and i had a lot of rubbing with 35's and it was annoying.

My current ideas for the new one are as follows- The new Jeeps name will be called Reboot(i work in IT so it fits)

Evo Bolt on coilover kit front and rear
Front RK lower control arms
Front Adams driveshaft(or je reel)
drag link flip(unsure of brand yet)
Method 105 Beadlocks
BFG Ko2 37x12.5x17
i know i either need a Flashcal or AEV procal
i am also looking at using primarily JCR offroad Armor for this build. but i want to lift first,
i think i will be getting the Crusader mid-width rear bumper with Shield Tire carrier.

i spoke to Northridge 4x4 and they said the BFG's are lighter than most and i should be ok to run those for a while.

I have also heard that i should look into a Long Arm kit first...

any info on what you guys think would be great. The jeep does more highway mileage then offroad but i do hope to start doing more Offroading this year.

Thanks

Last edited by Hydr0JKUR; 06-27-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nitto

I had some Nitto Tera grapplers. They were a great A/T on and off the road. The tread lasted so long it was still good when I traded her in. Bolt on coil-overs are great if you don't want to weld on your Jeep. They just don't give the max travel that the other kits do. Looks like your on the right track keep us posted on your build.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Function of the jeep needs to be detailed before getting into lift kit details. There's no point in going with an expensive coilover kit if a regular kit will work. I'm on a RK kit and even though it's supposed to be life-changing, there are some things I'd like to change....and will change as I get the motivation to weld new components on.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:26 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

What exactly are you looking for with this thread? High fives and bacon? Ohh and aahs?
Looks like a totally over the top build (except for axles) for a new daily driver but its your jeep and your money. Are you planning on building yourself or are you just going to drop it off at a shop?
Old 06-30-2016, 08:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally would spend the money on Lockers and axle shafts before I spent 4K on coil-overs. I'm assuming he's going to do the work himself since all the stuff listed is bolt on. With how much they want an hour for labor I can't see paying it for bolt on stuff.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not trying to be a D or anything buy why would you trade in a modded jeep only 3 years old for the exact same thing just about and have to mod all over agian?
Old 06-30-2016, 10:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I personally would spend the money on Lockers and axle shafts before I spent 4K on coil-overs. I'm assuming he's going to do the work himself since all the stuff listed is bolt on. With how much they want an hour for labor I can't see paying it for bolt on stuff.
You would be surprised what people have done in shops. The local shop I hang out at installs bolt on EVO kits. Just because it is a bolt on does not mean someone has the tools or desire to install a lift.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well i would like to be able to do more offroad this year, i live in SOcal so i have plenty of options nearby.

i think i have pretty much settled in on getting a 3.5 inch X-factor RK kit, The Coilovers can always be added later on. This RK kit will give me all 8 arms.

I traded in the modded jeep because it had a oil burning problem, Trans issues while we were on Vacation and i was trying to get the oil problem sorted through my local dealer before vacation and they seal everything for a oil consumption test and it burned 3 quarts in just under 2k miles while we were 900 miles away from home. The mods i left on the other jeep were the 2.5 lift, method mesh wheels, BFG 35's ko2's, PSC Brawler rockers and cheaper front bumper...everything else i was able to swap from that jeep to the new one, and this time i think i will go solely with JCR offroad Armor...i like there front bumpers with the recessed winch...

I bought a rubicon so Lockers and Dana 44's are there.

Honestly i am not 100% sure what i was asking or looking in this thread. and my wife stated should would rather have someone install the lift this time around, i am going to start putting some money on the side to get my own vehicle lift so i can work on my jeep in the future but for now will just have a shop do it this time around.

now i am just trying to decided on what beadlocks i want to get, either methods or Trail-ready.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:36 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

You sure do like to throw around names. As far as you want to do more wheeling? I mean you bought a rubicon model. Its already set up for wheeling just about anything but boulder fields, and are you really going to trash a brand new jeep on those type of trails? As far as your bead lock choice flip a coin as there is no reason to choose one over the other.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well my previous jeep I took on a trail in socal called nightmare gulch before I even made the first payment...but I do not like the look of the stock jeep I like the looks of a lifted jku with bigger tires...

Quick Reply: Jeep Reboot---or Do-over so to speak