Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front axel/locker?!?

Old 06-27-2016, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front axel/locker?!?

My 2011 Rubicon JK you makes a loud metal clicking noise when it's engaged in the four-wheel-drive on the front left it's very loud and it times it doesn't make a noise. Simultaneously my front walk or light blinks continually as if it's not engaged. Into will drive mode you could hear a constant noise as if the brake sensor was beginning to wear but that's not what it is coming from the same front left tire area. Any suggestions on what it might be. I'm afraid it's axle teeth broken off or something like that I DK though
Old 06-27-2016, 02:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It could be the axle UJoint at the front hub.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
It could be the axle UJoint at the front hub.
lol that sounds too easy and cheap my mind says it supposed to be expensive and complicated. But I will def ask someone to listen to it, if it sounds ujointy to them bc idk and I should. Thank you

Quick Reply: Front axel/locker?!?