Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Jeep won't start ETC light on

Old 06-28-2016, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep won't start ETC light on

So I just rebuilt my front driveshaft this weekend (had to rebuild it because at the moment I didn't have money for a new one) and I went to test drive my Jeep but my Jeep wouldn't start. I just figured the battery died from me leaving the tailgate open.

Before I tried jump starting it I noticed the ETC light was on.

Before I worked on my jeep the engine was running perfectly fine no sputtering or anything.

Should I just disconnect the battery for like half an hour? I have no idea where to start.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Old 06-28-2016, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check this thread, it could be just a low battery.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...-light-233751/
Old 07-14-2016, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I imagine you have it working by now, but I had the same issue a few years ago and found out if you pull the J13 fuse (in the fuse box just in front of battery under hood) for 30 seconds or so it will reset the security issue! The fuse has is 60amps and has a white plastic housing so it's easy to find!

Quick Reply: Jeep won't start ETC light on