Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Col. Mustard: A fast-paced overland build

Old 06-28-2016, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Col. Mustard: A fast-paced overland build

Hey everybody, I'm going to start with a little explanation into what I am attempting to accomplish with my build that will be "finished" in less than a month. My lovely wife and I have decided to quit our promising careers, to live a more adventurous life wandering around the western U.S. with our 2 huskies. Our plan is to build up our jeep to be able to handle nearly anything we could possibly encounter, not just in the states, but also Canada and Mexico if we feel like it. We will be leaving Colorado Springs at the end of July, and after a tour of our beautiful state, we will head NW and travel South as the cooler months approach. And we will finish our trip by heading east for Christmas, to TN where family lives. This is going to be a test to see if we can make a living while traveling, and if we really like the overland life as much as we think we will.

Now for the Jeep... We started with a bone stock 2015 JKUR in Baja Yellow. We were fortunate enough to find it at a deep discount with a mere 3k miles, with a manual transmission and the premium alpine sound like we wanted. Here is how it looked when we brought it home in Aug. 2015
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0426.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	986.5 KB
ID:	650965

And here is how it sits today
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160402_190420.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	650966

It may not look like anything too crazy, but in my next update I'll show the inside, as well as what I have done and why, to get to this point. Also, in the coming weeks, will be a roof rack and some other dramatic exterior changes as we build our dream jeep for our July departure.

Last edited by dshaff36; 06-29-2016 at 04:31 AM. Reason: images
Old 06-28-2016, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

your image links are broken...
Old 06-29-2016, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Should be fixed now

Quick Reply: Col. Mustard: A fast-paced overland build