Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 Jeep wrangler renegade package

Old 07-22-2016, 03:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AmishHitman

I think you maybe right. I didn't pay $4500 for it. 2 guys before me did. Think I'm gonna run some 285/75/17. They should fit. Then I'm gonna start the upgrades. Need tires for winter.
We at the factory havnt built a Renegade in some time. Years! The dealers have been contracting local shops and having kits put on them. When i ordered a our 14 the dealer had a JK lifed and very nice looking. But upon my further inspection i noticed the local shop torched the axle brackets off tge axles for their own mods. Which i reminded the general manager how that would be a problem if there become a warranty issue as they couldnt send a modded axle to FCA for warranty. He said the mod company warrantys their work. I said thats nice to know but whos paying for the modded warrantied axle then? He was stumped and said he would get back to me as we proceded making our order. Before we left he said he would make me a gell of a deal on the JK as i smiled and said no thanks. 3 days later that brand new jk all lifted and modded was burried at the back of thier lot and didnt see it move for weeks. FCA will not warranty local 4x4 shop mods when FCA offers a 4" factory Kit for a premium.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default yeh the dealer could back it up

im sure by, getting a axle from factory by saying they found it to be faulty . Chrysler wouldnt question the dealer, but id want to see it all in writing.
and if they close the doors to dealership or you move . it could be a problem with another dealer with out having that all backed up on paper.

hope your build or mods are going well. Go your own pace and see how it goes
maybe those options are good enough for you. I didnt get any deal on mine. but after a while who cares , you got what you wanted hopefully. some times we gotta cut the loss and just go on from there. ive bought things in life only to find i didnt like it . And so i just take it off and say oh well / learn to accept sometimes its not a perfect world. Some days suck and some days its bliss

you can replace things as needed if it fails or you get a few bucks if something bugs you

Last edited by jeepmojo; 07-22-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep wrangler renegade package