Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Long time member, first time JK Owner

Old 07-02-2016, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long time member, first time JK Owner

It's been a dream of mine to own a JKU since I first saw them back in 2006. I had an XJ at the time that was aging fast. I ended up selling it and buying an s2000 for some reliability and top down fun as I couldn't afford a JK and there weren't really any used ones out there. Fast forward to a week ago.....I made the decision I've wanted this for 10 years I'm never going to be in a financial position to own a $40-50k rubicon like I want and the prices are going up every year while my salary pretty much stays the same.

So after some careful thought I decided it was time to sell my precious S2000 which was a garage queen anyways and I barely drove it anymore since a few years back when it no longer was my DD anymore. So I sold my S2k for more than I bought it for 5 years ago, and sold my Honda ridgeline for an amazing deal.

I started shopping around and local dealers just didn't even want to talk unless I wanted to pay full MSRP +. Even used ones they wouldn't budge. So I expanded my search to 500 miles and found a dealer 5 hours away that was absolutely amazing. No hassle, no fighting, no negotiation, gave me the price I wanted right away. Sealed the deal, rented a car one way and headed up there yesterday.

When I got there they were already cleaning it up, paperwork was done, and they were really just waiting on me and the finance manager to get back from a meeting.

My little sh1t box rental. Whatever it was pretty much free from my hertz points. Mofo didn't have cruise control. WTF?

All cleaned up....she'll get a proper detail this week.

He's like smile.....I'm like ahhhh it's bright. Hence the derpy face.

It's been almost 10 years I've been waiting for this!

Blurry, but whatever

She had 20 miles on her when I picked her up

In between gridlock traffic coming back home.

Stuck in traffic so taking pics. I was completely stopped.....so no worries

Anyone looking for a dealer I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Darcars of Waldorf. My salesman was John Zweifel. The higher the model the more they marked off! I just couldn't swing any more than a sport. Oh well, I'm finally in a JK!
Old 07-02-2016, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Loved your story. Glad things all worked out.

Saw my first Jeep some 50 years ago. Always wanted one but life kept getting in the way. After being retired for a few years, my wife of 30 years got tired of hearing me swoon every time I saw a Jeep. Told me to go buy one already. Much like you, couldn't find what I wanted local (was pretty particular about what I wanted sitting out in the driveway). Ended up searching new inventory on the Jeep website out to 1000 miles. Drove down into FL and got exactly what I wanted for a price I was willing to pay. Only waited 50 years . . .
But you can color me happy now Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9762.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	874.5 KB
ID:	651372
Old 07-02-2016, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, Maryland traffic looks pretty nice compared to the 405

Nice Jeep, glad you found a good dealer!
Old 07-03-2016, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
Man, Maryland traffic looks pretty nice compared to the 405

Nice Jeep, glad you found a good dealer!
HAH, that was in between the traffic. It was dead stop through much of MD.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2Wolfes
Loved your story. Glad things all worked out.

Saw my first Jeep some 50 years ago. Always wanted one but life kept getting in the way. After being retired for a few years, my wife of 30 years got tired of hearing me swoon every time I saw a Jeep. Told me to go buy one already. Much like you, couldn't find what I wanted local (was pretty particular about what I wanted sitting out in the driveway). Ended up searching new inventory on the Jeep website out to 1000 miles. Drove down into FL and got exactly what I wanted for a price I was willing to pay. Only waited 50 years . . .
But you can color me happy now Attachment 651372
My wife was the same way. My neighbor just bought a new JKU and she saw me lusting after it. She said sell your S2000 and your truck and just go buy one. I really didn't want to part with that car as it was hyper rare( owned by the president of Honda racing....now retired and had parts you just couldn't get in the US), so I thought there was no way I could find someone that would realize just how rare it was and pay rare pricing. Welp.....I did, in 2 days I had it for sale. It helps it was in mint condition( I do paint restoration and correction work on the side).
Old 07-04-2016, 06:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the intro! Great to have you here on the forum
Old 07-05-2016, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got some little things in today.

This is an awesome ceramic coating meant for plastic and wheels. Will be awesome for all the exterior plastic.

Quick Reply: Long time member, first time JK Owner