Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

AC Blower Motor Not Working

Old 07-09-2016, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Blower Motor Not Working

My HVAC blower motor does not run on my 2008 JK X. This begin a couple of weeks ago out of the blue. I've been trying to repair this for the past week. With help from this forum I've replaced the blower motor, resistor, and relay, but the motor still does not operate.

I've ran 12V directly to the blower motor and the motor runs.

I've confirmed with a voltmeter that the blower motor receives 12V from the plug when the fan switch is on. When the fan switch is off the plug yields zero volts. (Puzzling tho that the voltage does not change at the plug whether the switch setting is on low or high.)

I have reset the system by disconnecting the battery for ten minutes.

I have wiggled every wire I can think of with the system on at the time.

At one point I had replaced the blower motor but not the relay or resistor. I went to the auto parts store. They handed me a new relay. I plugged it in and turned the key. The blower worked in all settings. I thought it was repaired so I went back in the store and paid for the relay. I went back out to the car and the blower has not worked since. That's when I ordered a new resistor and replaced it.

Any ideas? How do I check the blower switch?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like a problem with the climate control console of which the fan switch is integrated.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default holy thread resurrection

I was having the same issue except my blower would work sometimes but not others... if it would work then it would work on all speed so I ruled out the resistor... I took the climate control module out of the Jeep and discovered the contacts for the blower motor control knob were all gunked up with dirt and grime from all the miles that have been put on it over the years... I cleaned the back of the blower motor switch with some contact cleaner, reinstalled and all is good so far... may be too late to help you but someone else looking for an answer to the same question will hopefully come across this post
The following users liked this post:
Jose Enrique Calderon (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by booberj
I was having the same issue except my blower would work sometimes but not others... if it would work then it would work on all speed so I ruled out the resistor... I took the climate control module out of the Jeep and discovered the contacts for the blower motor control knob were all gunked up with dirt and grime from all the miles that have been put on it over the years... I cleaned the back of the blower motor switch with some contact cleaner, reinstalled and all is good so far... may be too late to help you but someone else looking for an answer to the same question will hopefully come across this post
Please, can you post an image of where this is located? I have same symptoms but I have no idea where this part is.
The following users liked this post:
fyrfytr144 (02-02-2022)
Old 05-19-2019, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

*bump*

I'm fighting the same or a similar problem.

I've read somewhere on some forum that the blower switch by itself can be had, but I cannot find that post anymore....not sure what forum it was in....found it while doing a quick phone search hoping for a fast solution.

I'm pretty sure my issue is the switch, would like to replace just the fan switch and not the whole console....everything else is working...hate to fix it and have it quit working. :-)

Anyone got any input or advice? Like booberj said earlier....someone will come along looking for the answer...here I am, bit i'm not gonna be the last.

Thanks y'all!!
Old 05-20-2019, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Pretty sure you'll need the purchase the whole switch module.

https://www.amazon.com/2007-2010-WRANGLER-HEATER-CONDITIONING-CONTROL/dp/B007L766R6
Old 05-21-2019, 09:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
Pretty sure you'll need the purchase the whole switch module.

https://www.amazon.com/2007-2010-WRA.../dp/B007L766R6

No sweat....Thanks for the link!!!

I've read that sometimes the pigtails on the wiring harness are melted out.....I'm out of town right now so I don't know if mine are or not, but where does one go to find these connectors?

Thanks a TON!!!

Quick Reply: AC Blower Motor Not Working