Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help! Engine cuttig power

Old 07-12-2016, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Engine cuttig power

Hey, I drive a 2011 6 speed 4 door jk. I'm just going to say that I have a dual optima battery set up too a full circuit. Yesterday I used my winch while my car was off, for a short amount of time, maybe 30 seconds. I tried to start up my jeep and got a small rollover noise but it wouldn't start up. I got power all through the cab but it wasn't rolling over. so I tightened up my connections to my battery (they are already very tight connections). The jeep started right up. Then an hour later I was driving too get food and I stopped in a spot while my brother was picking up the food from inside. I was in neutral w the ebrake on, then when he jumped in, I moved maybe 3 feet in first gear and the engine started cutting out. It was almost just clonking out then stopped. Had to re mess with my wiring. I got it running and on the way back, I started feeling it start sputtering, so I gassed it a little bit too keep it from stalling out. During all of this whenever there was a problem, my windshield wiper would slowly move. I could tell when the engine was about to cut power when the wiper would slowly start up. Looked on the forums and am thinking it might the TIPM, but not sure. Just hit 102k miles. If anyone could help that would be great! Trying to avoid the dealership if possible.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing that you have a modified electrical system and your issue seems to be directly related to it (the problem is temporarily fixed when you work with the wiring) it will be very difficult to diagnose and help fix through the forum. I would recommend tracing all your wiring connections and testing for continuity (you might have a broken cable) or taking it to an electromechanic.

The dealer won't be of much help when they see your custom electrical system.

Quick Reply: Help! Engine cuttig power