Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fortin Evo All Remote starter with aftermarket doorlock problems

Old 07-12-2016, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fortin Evo All Remote starter with aftermarket doorlock problems

I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JK with aftermarket doorlocks that I installed. I bought the EVO All remote starter thinking this was going to be an easy install. So far this is worse then the installs I used to do in the old days.

Here is the issue. I talked to Fortin and the power lock and unlock for the Fortin key fob is on the 20pin connector it is the - green and - white wire. I tested this and it is true. I was told that for the door actuators you need to reverse the polarity. They gave me a diagram. I setup the relays just like this. Here is the out come and the problem. When you have everything hooked up and you hit the lock button the door will lock. When you hit the unlock the door will lock twice. I thought maybe I have the 2 - 30pin on the relays mixed up. So I switched then around. Now when I hit unlock it will unlock twice. when I lock it will unlock once.
Click image for larger version

Name:	reverseP.png
Views:	90
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	652064
It is like it won't switch from side to side. I either can lock the Jeep or unlock it.

NEED HELP WITH THIS!!!! I'M GOING TO LOSS IT SOON.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try this might help

Disconnect EVO from the relay pack. Make sure the relay pack is powered up (where did you get the power from??) Then ground out the lock wire. Did it lock? Then ground out the unlock wire. Did it unlock?
If it worked the way its suppose too then the EVO is the problem. If it didn't check your wiring. Also check the outputs from the EVO. Are they sending out a ground(neg) trigger?

Last edited by jeepnutt; 07-15-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Fortin Evo All Remote starter with aftermarket doorlock problems