Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Mark and Ra's Al-Can Adventure

Old 07-16-2016, 11:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts
Default Mark and Ray's Al-Can Adventure

Two Jeep JKs. 44 days. 9,450 miles from Abottsford, British Columbia (BC) to Chief Mountain border crossing, Montana. Side trips to Inuvik, Northwest Territory (NT) on Dempster Hwy; Deadhorse, Alaska (AK) on Dalton Hwy; Prince Rupert, BC; Seward, AK; Skagway, AK. Arctic Circle crossed in both AK and NT. Arctic Ocean reached. Three US and two Canadian national parks. One set of brakes, three windshields, two tires, one muffler, one battery, one driving light, all lost to the route. Over the next few weeks I'll be posting pictures on my IG (DigitalByDoiron) and FB (Mark Doiron) pages about this amazing trip. And I'll be releasing YouTube videos about the trip, as well. Meanwhile, here's a teaser video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIi8xebflb0 EDIT: Corrected typo in title. And Edit, LOL.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 08-28-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Two Jeep JKs. 44 days. 9,450 miles from Abottsford, British Columbia (BC) to Chief Mountain border crossing, Montana. Side trips to Inuvik, Northwest Territory (NT) on Dempster Hwy; Deadhorse, Alaska (AK) on Dalton Hwy; Prince Rupert, BC; Seward, AK; Skagway, AK. Arctic Circle crossed in both AK and NT. Arctic Ocean reached. Three US and two Canadian national parks. One set of brakes, three windshields, two tires, one muffler, one battery, one driving light, all lost to the route. Over the next few weeks I'll be posting pictures on my IG (DigitalByDoiron) and FB (Mark Doiron) pages about this amazing trip. And I'll be releasing YouTube videos about the trip, as well. Meanwhile, here's a teaser video ... YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIi8xebflb0
Great vid sir. Cant wait for the rest
Old 08-27-2016, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Two Jeep JKs. 44 days. 9,450 miles from Abottsford, British Columbia (BC) to Chief Mountain border crossing, Montana. Side trips to Inuvik, Northwest Territory (NT) on Dempster Hwy; Deadhorse, Alaska (AK) on Dalton Hwy; Prince Rupert, BC; Seward, AK; Skagway, AK. Arctic Circle crossed in both AK and NT. Arctic Ocean reached. Three US and two Canadian national parks. One set of brakes, three windshields, two tires, one muffler, one battery, one driving light, all lost to the route. Over the next few weeks I'll be posting pictures on my IG (DigitalByDoiron) and FB (Mark Doiron) pages about this amazing trip. And I'll be releasing YouTube videos about the trip, as well. Meanwhile, here's a teaser video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIi8xebflb0
Amazing...always look forward to your videos, photos and stories. What you do is my goal lol
Old 08-28-2016, 08:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

I am up to part 7 on this series of videos, day 18 of the 44 day trip. The playlist is here ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIi8x...R8OG9jIeB94XTz
Old 09-10-2016, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Watched and anxiously awaiting the next part. Great job on the videos Mark and thanks for sharing the journey.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

yep... he does a great job on his videos... they remind me of the show 'Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom' with Marlin Perkins (he sounds like Marlin Perkins to me)... young folks won't know that show... lol
Old 09-12-2016, 10:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by jedg
yep... he does a great job on his videos... they remind me of the show 'Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom' with Marlin Perkins (he sounds like Marlin Perkins to me)... young folks won't know that show... lol
Over the years I've had several folks who don't know each other tell me I sound like Paul Harvey. But thanks for the compliment. And, of course, I'm up to part 10.

Trending Topics

Old 09-24-2016, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default GoPro Set Up

You may have covered this, but, which camera/ video editor did you use to document your trip and make your videos? Also, did you mount it in front of your rear view? And finally, what "lessons learned" would you put out to folks looking to video a trip like this? Your trip vid made me realize how much simply telling about my trips over beers really leaves out. Many thanks!!

Legal disclaimer: I'm not fishing for "product endorsements," Im a firefighter by trade and not connected with any businesses or companies.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that was amazing! Just watched the 10 part series. That would be an awesome adventure to take. Scenery was breathtaking. Thank you for sharing that with us.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:45 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Great stuff as always!

Quick Reply: Mark and Ra's Al-Can Adventure