Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 JKU Sahara coolant temps

Old 07-17-2016, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 JKU Sahara coolant temps

hey all!

Just wondering what coolant temps all see.. I live in Dallas... 100 degree temps normal driving...

Just curious have had a top engine rebuild last 3 weeks due to over heating
Old 07-18-2016, 03:18 AM
JK Newbie

Lots of thread on this already. Anything between 190-235F is normal. These motors, like most newer automobiles, run warmer than those of the past. Keep your radiator unobstructed and make sure your fan is working.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by (none)
Lots of thread on this already. Anything between 190-235F is normal. These motors, like most newer automobiles, run warmer than those of the past. Keep your radiator unobstructed and make sure your fan is working.
I went up to the mountains this weekend and was worried I was going to overheat. It was 110° outside and going up some of the long grades, I hit 242°. I'm going to take it in to Jeep to have them check in out just in case, but that is getting too hot for my comfort.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
I went up to the mountains this weekend and was worried I was going to overheat. It was 110° outside and going up some of the long grades, I hit 242°. I'm going to take it in to Jeep to have them check in out just in case, but that is getting too hot for my comfort.

Be interesting to see what they have to say. I just got mine back after being in the shop for 3 weeks. 14K miles on my JK, and just got a top engine rebuild done due to some over heating...
Old 07-20-2016, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The-Dude
Be interesting to see what they have to say. I just got mine back after being in the shop for 3 weeks. 14K miles on my JK, and just got a top engine rebuild done due to some over heating...
Dang. What kind of overheat issues were you having?
Old 07-20-2016, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
Dang. What kind of overheat issues were you having?
Would go about .5 Miles and would spike to 250...
Old 07-27-2016, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The-Dude
Would go about .5 Miles and would spike to 250...
Got my Rubi back from the dealer yesterday. They pressure tested the coolant system and found no issues. They said that is warm, but not overheating (since no warning lights came on). They replaced the T-stat under warranty just in case that might be going bad and to see if that will help.

Quick Reply: 2014 JKU Sahara coolant temps