Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Buzzing from Transfer Case shifter area

Old 07-20-2016, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Buzzing from Transfer Case shifter area

I have a really obnoxious buzzing coming from the area of the transfer case shifter. It seems to happen mostly when accelerating. If I push forward on the shifter it stops, however, it isn't the shifter itself. can't figure out what it could be under there that is doing it. Anyone had this and have an idea what's making the buzz?
Old 07-20-2016, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Check your front boot on the driveshaft. Also check to see if there is a stick or some debris in that area. It could something that simple.

R/
Will
Old 07-20-2016, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had this problem for a long time now. My jeep a manual. It happens whenever I'm accelerating and stops when I let off the gas. It's more pronounced in the cab in 4th and 6th gear. I figure it's my front driveshaft but I haven't checked anything yet.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I've had this problem for a long time now. My jeep a manual. It happens whenever I'm accelerating and stops when I let off the gas. It's more pronounced in the cab in 4th and 6th gear. I figure it's my front driveshaft but I haven't checked anything yet.
This is in the cab only, sorry if I didn't make that more clear. It's coming from inside near the transfer shifter, possibly under the console.

Quick Reply: Buzzing from Transfer Case shifter area