Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need advice on selling my soft doors!

Old 07-20-2016, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on selling my soft doors!

So I've posted before about how I've desperately wanted soft doors the past 2 years and how much I hated them when I got them. I tried EVERYTHING to fix the issues I had with them because I wanted them to work SO badly.
After a lot of researching, I found that you can bend part of the door so that it sits tighter against the Jeep and doesn't flap as much or have such a big gap at the top while driving. The way to do this, is to bend it slightly at the pins that stick into the bottom half. Probably using a vice or some sort of tool. The way I decided to do it, was to just bend them by hand. I stood the door up, and pushed on the top to bend it in. It actually worked at first, but then I wanted to try to bend it even more.
That's when I f*cked up I ended up bending BOTH doors too much, and when I tried to put them on my Jeep, they no longer fit. The pins don't line up. I've only used these twice and it was just driving around town to test them out. Their BRAND new. At this point I'm not putting any more effort in, and just want them gone. I'm sure someone with the proper tools should be able to fix them again? I paid $500 for them and I know I can't sell them for that much since their now a little deformed. I'm thinking of starting out asking $300. Does that seem fair? Should I even bother? Would anyone want these? You can see in the pics how it's bent and how the pins don't line up. I really don't want to lose all that money! Click image for larger version

Name:	door 1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	652714Click image for larger version

Name:	door 2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	652715Click image for larger version

Name:	door 3.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	652716Click image for larger version

Name:	door 4.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	652717
Old 07-20-2016, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How bad are they bent? I mean what did you use too bend the pins? I'm currently running the same doors but the version that doesn't have the top piece. Hopefully by you bending the pins you didn't cause any integrity issues with the pins. I'm tempted to buy them just to have newer front doors since the ones I bought used are a bit beat up.

Quick Reply: Need advice on selling my soft doors!