Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Time to Buy a New JKU - Need Thoughts

Old 07-23-2016, 07:13 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

For a weekend warrior I would look for a used Rubi with 4.10 gears. Off road with 35's you are going to tackle most anything. It will be night and day different then 3.73 on a 2010. You will drive slower and in control and the lockers will give you the extra traction. You will also be less likely to break stuff with that set up in gearing and lockers then with a sport model.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
For a weekend warrior I would look for a used Rubi with 4.10 gears. Off road with 35's you are going to tackle most anything. It will be night and day different then 3.73 on a 2010. You will drive slower and in control and the lockers will give you the extra traction. You will also be less likely to break stuff with that set up in gearing and lockers then with a sport model.
I agree since you've expressed wanting these features. It's exactly what I have, 2012 Rubi with 30K miles and it's still like new. Only difference is that I bought mine new but if it were for sale, it would be a perfect choice.

Stock Rubi's with the new engine are awesome on the trail and on the highway.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bbolander
I agree since you've expressed wanting these features. It's exactly what I have, 2012 Rubi with 30K miles and it's still like new. Only difference is that I bought mine new but if it were for sale, it would be a perfect choice.

Stock Rubi's with the new engine are awesome on the trail and on the highway.
I have found a 2013 JKUR for 30k. Assuming there is nothing crazy about it which for that price it might just be, but its worth taking a look at it. I also think I can get it Certified PreOwned which give me a 10year/100k warranty I believe. The only draw back so far is the 60k miles it has, but It'll take me another 4-5 year to hit 100k
Old 07-23-2016, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the dealership with my 08 Sahara with 55,000 miles beat up from trails. Looked at the rubi I would like to have and after 35 minutes of negotiations they came back with I would owe $14,000. Just could not bring myself to have the payment and then go modify the new jeep.

So it will always come down to what you are willing to feel is a Good deal
AMen

Quick Reply: Time to Buy a New JKU - Need Thoughts