Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Latches - Which one is the best?

Old 07-22-2016, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKphotoshoot
If you run hood vents the stock ones work fine. The hood vents eliminate the flutter. If you just want bling I like the drakes and RR.
I have an AEV hood with vents and it flutters. Bling isn't as high on the list, but if I'm spending $100 or more they have to work and should look good.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make your own! I went to ace hardware for the parts. Couple of hiems, couple of pins and drill one hole through the plastic latch part on the hood. I can take some pictures if you want
Old 07-22-2016, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chemlight_ninja
Make your own! I went to ace hardware for the parts. Couple of hiems, couple of pins and drill one hole through the plastic latch part on the hood. I can take some pictures if you want
Yeah! I'd like to see them. As long as I can get stainless parts, up here in SD they like to use a lot of salt in the winter.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by japatton@icloud.com
I have an AEV hood with vents and it flutters. Bling isn't as high on the list, but if I'm spending $100 or more they have to work and should look good.
Ok, let me rephrase that then, with the PSC hood vent mine no longer flutters. Speed limits 80 out here and it use to scare me on the interstate, now it doesnt.
On my other jeep I ran the day stars and they worked.

I feel ya on the 100 bucks I want them to look good!!
If I had 100 to spare I would do the drakes.
But I am now interested in making my own after ninjas post. May go wander thru ace tomorrow!
Old 07-22-2016, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by japatton@icloud.com
So, like the title says who makes the best one. I like the Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Catch, as well as Drake's. What are you guys running? Pro's and cons?
I've had the black rugged ridge ones since February 2013 and they still work and look as good as the day they were installed.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jiggy79
I've had the black rugged ridge ones since February 2013 and they still work and look as good as the day they were installed.
I also have the black Rugged Ridge ones formover anurse and they still look new and work great.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Drake drake lol they are awesome!!!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:02 AM
JK Junkie

I would just through on some Daystars hood wranglers and call it done. My
Old 07-23-2016, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

I like the drake latches they look awesome and stop the hood fluttering. You can also adjust the tension on them. The only issue is that they may not work with certain fender flares. They do work with the stock ones.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hood Lock

You might want to consider the bolt type lock instead of the side latch change. Added security and same benefits as the latches. I went Mopar brand, but others are also very well rated......

Quick Reply: Hood Latches - Which one is the best?