Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpms light

Old 07-22-2016, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms light

Recently got 35s on my JKU...and at times the TPMS light goes on when driving local. About 1 mile into highway driving the light goes away...once I hit local, after about 10-15 minutes of driving the TPMS light comes back on. Has anyone had this issue?
Old 07-23-2016, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Bump...anyone?
Old 08-02-2016, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

I recently had a shop mount and balance 35's and put new TPMS sensors in them (bought all online) and my jeep is registering none of them. Just -- for each wheel.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pyite
I recently had a shop mount and balance 35's and put new TPMS sensors in them (bought all online) and my jeep is registering none of them. Just -- for each wheel.
I had the oem sensors swapped. Whenever on the highway sensor light goes away, about 10 miles local it comes back. Odd.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rugahrahj
I had the oem sensors swapped. Whenever on the highway sensor light goes away, about 10 miles local it comes back. Odd.
I'm thinking the air in the tires is warming up on the highway, increasing the air pressure enough to satisfy the sensor. A few miles of slower driving and the air cools enough to lower the pressure. I would try increasing the tire pressure a little at a time to experiment. Have you done the chalk test?
Old 08-02-2016, 12:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I run 28 pounds in my 35s. That would set the sensors off. I used a programmer to lower the threshold in the computer to prevent it.

Quick Reply: Tpms light