Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5x5 to 8x6.5

Old 07-22-2016, 09:37 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 5x5 to 8x6.5

Anyone ever run 2 piece 2" adapters before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B4dAoQ5cIc
I don't mind running adapters as I have Spidertrax 1.5" on right now but about to make the jump to 60's up front and retaining the stock 44 rear. Just wondering if these 2 piece adapters are sketchy?

Btw, might have some sweet 5x5 TrailReady HD17's on the selling block soon. Just sold my Racelines...
Old 07-23-2016, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought some - went with Hutchinson 8x6.5" beadlocks and going to be using my stock D44 axles until I upgrade to D60s. Haven't installed yet but an anxiously waiting for the parts. Thanks for this video already new to cut my studs shorter but never hurts to see/hear the results of not doing it properly.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:19 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ahawksfan
I just bought some - went with Hutchinson 8x6.5" beadlocks and going to be using my stock D44 axles until I upgrade to D60s. Haven't installed yet but an anxiously waiting for the parts. Thanks for this video already new to cut my studs shorter but never hurts to see/hear the results of not doing it properly.

Thanks for chiming in. I really wasn't expecting a response since I figured many here haven't done a front 60 swap with 8x6.5" hubs + stock 44 rear. Good luck. Hope it works out.

Quick Reply: 5x5 to 8x6.5