Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Mall Crawler Build 16 JKU AE

Old 07-29-2016, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Mall Crawler Build 16 JKU AE

I wanted to set expectations with the title right off the bat. I have been a Wrangler fan since by first YJ in 94, to my TJ in 2001, then to my JKU in 09'. I love Jeeps because well they are Jeeps. I do not offroad except for the occasional trail or beach down here in FL. Mainly use for the convertible top and fun to drive. I have moderate mods done to my Jeeps over the years with the most done to my Silver 09 JKU. This time I know a little more by reading this forum and others during Silver JK years. So here is my build sheet and look forward to getting it started in the next week or 2. Would love thoughts on the build from my standpoint, not an extreme offroader?

Starting with: 2016 JKU 75th Anniversary Edition MS, 3:73 Gears, Auto, 430N, Painted Hardtop.

Phase 1:
  • Synergy 3 Stage 3" Kit
  • Fox 2.0 Shocks w/res and St Stabilzer
  • Adams 1310 Front Drive Shaft
  • Maximus Stinger and winch kit for OE bumper
  • Smittybuilt Gen2 X20 Winch
  • Teraflex HD Tire Carrier
  • Fuel Crush Wheels 22x10
  • Nitto Ridge Grapplers (35 or 37 still deciding) May also change Nitto if Ridges are not ready to ship.
  • Yukon 4:56 Gears
  • Amp Power Steps (Small kids/short wife)
  • Undercover Brow
  • Softopper Frameless Cover (Getting samples if doing Tan, etc)
  • Gentex Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror w/ Homelink
  • Flashcal

Planning Stage 2:
  • Beef up D30 in Front
  • CAI/Exhaust
  • Audio
  • Possibly Upgrade Brakes
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	New JKU AE.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	653450  
Old 07-29-2016, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Looks like phase 1 is going to be pretty nice. BTW welcome to the forum.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:32 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks I was actually a member before both forgot my login information. I'll have updated pics next week
Old 08-03-2016, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default Started Build

Started with the Stinger and winch in the HR Bumper. Straight forward install. Went ahead and installed Rigid LED Headlights and replaced the Fog Bulbs with Putco LEDS.

Also good news the lift is almost here and the wheels arrived. I did make a change to my orginal build list. I am going with 37's and switched over to the Toyo Open Country RT's. 37x12.5x22

Name:	hl jk.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	653809   Click image for larger version

Name:	jku front.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	653810   Click image for larger version

Name:	jku wheel.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	653811  
Old 08-08-2016, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Got the Amp boards on over the weekend. Look better than I thought but needs the lift to look right.

Apparently Synergy has some of the lift parts on back order, so still waiting for all to arrive!!

Name:	amp.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	654140   Click image for larger version

Name:	amp1.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	654141   Click image for larger version

Name:	amp2.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	654142  
Old 08-11-2016, 12:19 PM
JK Freak

Looks like you have a good start on your build. Just be wary of running big wheels & tires on the D30 front. I would definitley have a truss kit burned onto it to keep it straight. Might consider adding a locker of some sort up front, too, to keep you from getting buried in the sand. Honestly, it would probably be worth your while to sell the D30, get whatn you can out of it, and invest in at least a D44. Gives you more options for lockers, shafts, etc. I'm not sure what the Synergy kit includes, as I haven't looked it up, but like I mentioned in your other thread on wheels & tires....beef up those steering parts. Synergy drag link, tie rod w/ 1T TREs, and a good adjustable track bar. Just trying to help save you some headache down the road.

Good luck with your build!
Old 08-11-2016, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RubiBus
Looks like you have a good start on your build. Just be wary of running big wheels & tires on the D30 front. I would definitley have a truss kit burned onto it to keep it straight. Might consider adding a locker of some sort up front, too, to keep you from getting buried in the sand. Honestly, it would probably be worth your while to sell the D30, get whatn you can out of it, and invest in at least a D44. Gives you more options for lockers, shafts, etc. I'm not sure what the Synergy kit includes, as I haven't looked it up, but like I mentioned in your other thread on wheels & tires....beef up those steering parts. Synergy drag link, tie rod w/ 1T TREs, and a good adjustable track bar. Just trying to help save you some headache down the road.

Good luck with your build!

Thanks for the advise man. Most of those parts coming with Synergy lift, I also added the the Artec Truss Kit for the D30 and Synergy Ball Joints. If I ended up trashing the D30 I will invest in a D44 or better. Thanks again

All the parts for the lift arrived, so that will get started next week...more to come
Old 08-15-2016, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Well I got my samples from Softopper and surprisingly the Sandlewood is a dead on match to the Bronze accents of the 75th AE. The tan was just too dark, so ordered in Sandlewood, should look great! http://www.softopper.com/jeep-suv-to...-wrangler-jk-4

Lift/Wheels/Tires/Gears start on Wednesday, can't wait!!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I'm excited to see someone do something different. You'll be super happy with the twill.

Can I ask why you don't want to stick with the AE wheels? They're classy looking, certainly very different than normal jeep wheels.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

so it begins

Name:	d30.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	654703  

Quick Reply: My Mall Crawler Build 16 JKU AE