Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Passed my tech exam

Old 08-01-2016, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passed my tech exam

Hey everyone! Passed my tech exam a couple of months ago. Picked up a Yaesu FT-60 for now, but next year I'm wanting to get a mobile unit installed in the Jeep. I want GPS so I can record my route and let loved ones know where I'm at. I was looking at Kenwood's lineup and I'm really liking them, however, for those of you who've already gone this route, what are your experiences or recommendations?
Old 08-01-2016, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good for you!!! Nice work. I am a big fan of the Kenwood mobiles. I don't have a GPS model but my TM-281 has been great. I have a V71 dual bander at home.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

Congratulations! I too passed my tech exam earlier this year. I installed a dual band yaesu FT450. Works great includes GPS and APRS
Old 08-02-2016, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Cool I'll have to check that one out as well. Yaesu seems to make some quality equipment. Congrats on passing your exam as well!
Old 08-08-2016, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

One thing you might consider is a Yeasu with a remote control head. I have that and mounted the radio under the passenger seat and the remote control head on the top of the drivers side sun visor with velcro, and the mic on the drivers side roll bar. Works good and didnt have to figure out where to mount a bulky ham and cb where they both could be operated. My CB is on the footman loop.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

That's exactly how ib have my Yaesu mounted. Works 👍 great

Quick Reply: Passed my tech exam