Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fast Blinking Turn Signal Problem (Yes, I already tried a new bulb)

Old 08-01-2016, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast Blinking Turn Signal Problem (Yes, I already tried a new bulb)

Hey Gang, I got a stumper here on my 08 Wrangler Unlimited X turn signal.

My front left turn signal intermittently blinks fast and will go back and forth to normal and fast blinking while driving. Obviously, I've already put a new bulb in, switched bulbs around, and that did not fix the problem. Upon trouble shooting, I found some interesting things.

It blinks fast but still lights up in front and back.
The front left signal is only about half as bright as the right.
When I turn the headlights or running lights on, the front goes off completely but the fast blinking continues in the rear.
Same with the hazard lights, all others blink normal, front light stays off.

Where do I look next or does it seem like a computer issue?
A couple months ago, I had the TIPM replaced to get my vent blowers working again. Could this be another crazy TIPM problem?

If anyone has an idea I would sure appreciate the help and insight! Thanks!
Old 08-01-2016, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

That's what my 07 JKU did just before my totally intergrated power module did a meltdown. That was the start of weird electrical issues like wipers and washers coming on by themselves and then ultimately a no start. Hope I'm wrong but....

Last edited by Emergency51; 08-01-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check fuses I had a few issues like that but my left side lights didn't work at all it was a fuse that had to do with the trailer hitch
Old 08-02-2016, 02:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem, but mine was the bulb wasn't fully seated in the socket. I would recommend pulling the bulbs out and reseating them all. I hope that works....
Old 08-02-2016, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKCOS
I had a similar problem, but mine was the bulb wasn't fully seated in the socket. I would recommend pulling the bulbs out and reseating them all. I hope that works....
I've checked all bulbs and fuses. I'm starting to fear it's TIPM issue, but at least it's under warranty since I had the dealership replace it a couple months ago. Now I just need to schedule a day to waste in the waiting room.

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Fast Blinking Turn Signal Problem (Yes, I already tried a new bulb)