Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

Medano Pass colorado

Old 08-09-2016, 11:45 AM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Medano Pass colorado

This was a trail we wanted to run a few years ago while in Colorado. There was a fire that year, and the area was closed and we were not allowed to venture in beyond the sand dunes. To be honest it was a very easy trail, penstripeing is the only damage I could see as being something that would turn someone back from the trail. The water crossings were all very shallow, the mud and sand very easy to drive through, the rocks were few and far between until the end... but it was still all stuff easily done in a stock jeep. The views of the sand dunes are great, and the streams are clear and cool! The forest that the pass goes through has many camp sites, and there are hiking trails that head off to a couple of points of interest... including Medano Lake at 11,000 feet. The forest is pretty "thin" in places and the brush is pretty deep. A few good views from the top... and there was a good breeze blowing that made it a cool day. Not a challenging trail... but still a great time! I have a couple more videos to make from other trails on this trip that were more challenging, more scenic... etc... but this trail is very special, how many places do we get to start a trail in the sand dunes of a National Park... and drive over a mountain range? Hope you enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjrf9Qw92zo
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjrf9Qw92zo
Old 08-21-2016, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Medano Pass is a trail I've wanted to do for some time along with a bunch of others not far from there (Como Lake). I've been to Great Sand Dunes NP and climbed the dunes twice now and each time I've not had my Jeep when I've been there . But next time....anyway, great video and love that song by Kari Jobe.

Quick Reply: Medano Pass colorado