Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2010 RER Nav upgrade

Old 08-15-2016, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 RER Nav upgrade

I have a 2010 Unlimited with the RER Nav unit. the screen has been flaking badly and no longer works. In an attempt to use it I managed to push too hard and crack it also. I came across a Nav unit from a 2015 and was told the unit is NOT a direct replacement by a local stereo shop who wants to sell me an Android unit.

Has anyone replaced the old style nav with a newer model? Is it a plug and play swap? My jeep has the infinity upgraded stereo also, not sure if that affects anything.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I plugged a 2015 unit directly into my 2010 and it would have worked great if I had the proper nav antenna. The 'new' jeeps have a 2 in 1 antenna for Sirius and nav so you'll need to buy the antenna. EBay should have what you're looking for around $20. I ended up selling the unit to a friend who had the base radio but his stock Sirius antenna fed the nav without issue.

Quick Reply: 2010 RER Nav upgrade