Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Speaker help needed

Old 08-15-2016, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speaker help needed

Ok I'm in need of some help I have a 2016 jk with 130 radio and 8 speakers the system isn't bad if you keep the volume down to a normal level say 1/2 - 3/4 but if you crank it things gets ugly really fast . Now I have a 800watt planet audio compact subwoffer and amp that can run 2 extra speakers so first thing I'm going to do is install it and see what it sounds like with some bass maybe It will help but I have my doubts . This means I could get a really good set of speakers like focal PS 165V for the front and run them off the amp and disconnect the back set ? do you think this would work ok??? or would it be smarter to use the subwoffer and go with another amp and 2 sets of good component speakers ???. IM trying to avoid replacing the head unit until its out of warranty

Quick Reply: Speaker help needed