Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JW 6145 J's on Hard Rock Bumper

Old 08-15-2016, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JW 6145 J's on Hard Rock Bumper

Anyone else do this?!?

I got the brackets from rubitrux and the fogs from my buddy Mayhem Off-road.

First:
I bought a jumper harness to avoid splicing into factory harnesses and now it's plug and play (although j noticed I had to reverse polarity of the harness) but now I have a tiny flicker, just enough to be annoying, and ONLY when the car is running! Can it really be this harness? I don't want to run relays, just want use my dog switch and not cut into stock wiring!

Second:
The OEM lights sit perfectly flush within the bumper holes while these are definitely not flush. I notice the tabs on the side of the fogs are hitting the push pins from the plastic cover around the fog light. If I remove those clips the cover will pop off but it's killing me that they aren't flush!

Looking for someone else that's done this to give any pointers on either or both of the above???

Also my damn clock spring just went. No horn, no steering buttons, aside from cruise. I set the alarm off horn beeped 4 times and function came back for half a day then out again. It's a 2015!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4155342248.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	577.2 KB
ID:	654627

I'll post better pic in the morning.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Any help folks?
Old 08-17-2016, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

I'm waiting to hear the responses too. I have that bumper and curious to know what lights work. I was looking at that bracket with the Morimoto fogs. Can't decide..
Old 08-18-2016, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepn4fun
I'm waiting to hear the responses too. I have that bumper and curious to know what lights work. I was looking at that bracket with the Morimoto fogs. Can't decide..
I just put the Morimotos in mine. The fog lights themselves have 4 tabs but to fit in the bumper flush you have to trim 2 of the tabs off. It went in with no problem.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by firedawg24
I just put the Morimotos in mine. The fog lights themselves have 4 tabs but to fit in the bumper flush you have to trim 2 of the tabs off. It went in with no problem.
How was the light output with the Morimotos?
Old 08-18-2016, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Its a very wide pattern but very "short" as in height, like a narrow horizontal line of light. Not sure if that makes any sense. I suppose for fog lights they work fine. I still have to adjust them to the right angle though.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by firedawg24
Its a very wide pattern but very "short" as in height, like a narrow horizontal line of light. Not sure if that makes any sense. I suppose for fog lights they work fine. I still have to adjust them to the right angle though.
Are they worth the upgrade? Was looking at those compared to JW etc
Old 08-22-2016, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepn4fun
Are they worth the upgrade? Was looking at those compared to JW etc
I honestly can't answer that. The previous owner put some jack ass blue hid headlights and fogs in, and the fogs had melted the stock reflectors so I can't compare.

Quick Reply: JW 6145 J's on Hard Rock Bumper