Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The ANAL RETENTIVE Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 08:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The ANAL RETENTIVE Thread

Alright, I admit, in certain aspects of my life I'm totally anal retentive.. In fact, I drive myself so insane with it at times, I have to just sit down and laugh at just how far up the autistic spectrum my ass must be. My wife teaches children with special needs and she agrees heartily with my self-diagnosis. So who else on here is unhealthily AR? Looking at some of the Jeep builds on here I'm guessing I'm far from alone..
Now don't get me wrong: I love to wheel my JK and wheel it hard. She doesn't get babied on the trail and I put her through stuff others will often shy away from but when she's not making my hair stand on end then I like to take care of her and keep her well maintained and clean. Sometimes, however, my love of aesthetics as well as mechanics gets the better of me. Let me give you a perfect example. I recently swapped the steel rope on my M8000 for a Spydura synthetic. It's recommended that synthetic ropes are covered and not just left to the elements so I began the search for a suitable cover. I don't like neoprene stuff outside the Jeep as it fades and dies quickly so I trawled the net until I found what looks like an NOS vinyl cover. It arrived today but lacked any fasteners, just empty eyelets, so I spent a couple of hours making some bespoke elastic fasteners to the exact length required, 6 in all. A Fawlty Towers style fight then ensued as the cover refused to sit tight without annoying creases that killed the look of the front end of my Jeep. Finally, I had an idea. I carefully fed a huge piece of bubble-wrap under the cover and evened it out until virtually all the creases were gone and the covered area looked nice and uniform. I then sat down in front of the Jeep and mused at how things like this could turn me into a total geek and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it! Anyone else suffer the same or similar affliction? Post 'em here!! :gas:

Old 08-27-2016, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like me too. All day everyday. Unless I'm too tired. Then sometimes I just give up.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thedude720
Sounds like me too. All day everyday. Unless I'm too tired. Then sometimes I just give up.
Yep but only to return the next day and start over.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

the big wrinkle in the W has me going nuts and its not my jeep !!!... sorry but I have been known to take pictures of my cars and study them so I can pick out the stuff that's looks out of place .. crooked fog lights make me go nuts

Last edited by cidd; 08-28-2016 at 03:04 PM. Reason: brain quit working
Old 08-28-2016, 10:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cidd
the big wrinkle in the W has me going nuts and its not my jeep !!!... sorry but I have been known to take pictures of my cars and study them so I can pick out the stuff that's looks out of place .. crooked fog lights make me go nuts

Glad to know there's someone worse than me!! You should have seen it before! And yes, crooked lights can do my head in, too and I have 10 of them.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

life is too short to sweat the small stuff
is there gas, do the tires have air
is the oil good?
lets go

Quick Reply: The ANAL RETENTIVE Thread