Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Things you wish jeep would change

Old 08-29-2016, 10:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bedline the interior . Carpets in a Wrangler are just plain Stupid. More interior storage as noted.
Inside Hood Release , locking with ignition key for use with hard and soft top versions. Too easy to pop hood and steal or vandalise . Thats a Treasure Chest under there. Don't want external locks in ice/ salt/ mud environments.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Things I would like changed

I can't order a JK with Mopar Parts like: the Dana 60's, Lift options and Hemi's from the factory pre installed! Cause who wants the hassle of selling the old parts on Ebay?

MSRP on any JK model is still too high.

Dodge steering parts should be 1.5 ton parts!

Why is the front Dana 44 on the Rubicon not a supper duty also?

2012 + has the same engine as the Grand Cherokee but the tow capacity is only 3500 Lbs not 6200 Lbs like the Grand Cherokee.

On the JK there should be more of the roll cage built into the A pillar. There should be a poll from just behind the back of the back door to the top of the cage also on the JKU.

The windshield should be a lot easier to open on the JK.

I want power seats.

I want two-wheel Low gear.

Tire pressure monitor system. I wouldn't mind it if as a standard user programmable option to be able to lower the threshold. Or just tell me the pressure with out that stupid yellow light and ding.

Rubicon rock sliders. Any Sliders attached to the body. Useless!

My 2008 manual explained how to drive over a 10" fallen tree. My 2015 manual does not. :(

Rear view camera (on all the time) on the rear view mirror

110 V outlet with only 150 Watts. Should be 2000 Watts.

12V Battery and Keyed power with 50 amp service should be optional under the dash. Maybe up fitter switch's like on pickups should be optional from the factory.

Front Freedom top panels should go from the front to the back of the back seat. So when the hard top is off and you want to put the small panels back on to block the sun it covers the passengers too.

Mirrors should have been on the body not the doors so when you take the doors off you don't have to relocate or buy more mirrors to be legal on the road.

The 2007 model should have been the 2012 model!

Why are half doors so expensive?

Battery could be bigger.

License plate bracket, not the best location.

350hp should be standard and a hemi as a manufacture option. Any hemi.

More interior color options for the Rubi.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
If you're writing about the leading edge of the rear windows, a great many folks don't correctly roll those around when installing them, making them pull out easily. The easy thing to say is once you've rolled them around to slip into the groove, roll them one-quarter more turn. It will be a bit difficult, but that's where they belong. Check the thread seams in this image and ensure yours match it ...

Nope, I'm talking about the rear corners, where the curved plastic lip wraps from the side of the jeep to the tailgate. If I flip back the Sunrider yet still have the tension pins engaged over the doors, the rear corners drop and come out and start flapping around. If the side windows are unzipped it's much worse (happens quicker) yet. If I am wheeling with the full top on, up and closed and flex the body much, the side zip-out windows end up dropping the plastic out of the groove in the tub and I have to go back and unzip the windows almost all of the way and re-seat the plastic lip up into the tub and then re-zip. It's been bothersome since it was new, so I assume everyone has these issues, maybe I should have bitched and made them replace the soft top? It just seems like my top is a half inch to long to the tension pins and the result is that there just isn't quite enough tension pulling up and forward. I searched for a way to adjust or add tension, but there does not appear to be a way other than having a custom set of tension pin anchors made to replace the factory plastic ones.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bring back the flat metal dash
get rid of all the fancy electronics
a rock solid 4 speed tranny
Old 08-31-2016, 04:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tramp
bring back the flat metal dash get rid of all the fancy electronics a rock solid 4 speed tranny
Buy a cj
Old 08-31-2016, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Secure storage. Why can't Jeep engineers design a lockable full length drawer the size of the rear area? And under seat lockable storage? Not a lot of options for a 2 door especially without giving up the ability to use the back seat.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
Nope, I'm talking about the rear corners, where the curved plastic lip wraps from the side of the jeep to the tailgate.
I think the common term here would be "sail panels", and you are not supposed to drive with the side and rear windows out and the sail panels alone down at more than something like 40mph according to the user manual. It puts too much air pressure behind the sail panel and causes it to stretch and eventually not fit correctly and come loose.

The fix is a new top, and read the manual.

FWIW I came up with a way to roll up the sail panels and keep the top halfway up like this without risking the sail panels, a la "safari top". Works for me!
Old 08-31-2016, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep801
Secure storage.
While there's 100 things I'd change for sure the absolute top of the list and the thing that really is a total and complete oversight on the part of FCA is the lack of any secure storage.

And I'm not talking about a $500 aftermarket add on that makes folding down the seat useless because it barriers off the rear cargo area from the folded down seat area.

They need a way to lock the seats in the upright position and a removable cover over the cargo area. 4dr and 2dr both. Should be standard in every trim package.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my list:
-Get rid of the carpet. Bedline everything.
-Have the front passenger seat fold forward flat just like other Jeep models.
-Diesel powerplant option.
-V8 gas powerplant option.
-A hardtop that doesn't leak.
-No more of the exterior black plastic that turns gray in a year.
-Comfortable back seat. I don't sit back there but my god is it awful.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

-Overall Safety: Real Roll Cage at least as an option.

-Overall Quality: Use good motors/solenoids and solid mechanical parts, paint quality and process needs huge focus. Use better components and materials.

-Powertrain Options: Turbo Diesel, V8 with gearing, wheel options

-Options in general: spray in liner options for interior/exterior, marine-grade electronics and sound options.

Focus some models (Rubicon, Moab, etc.) on durability.

Quick Reply: Things you wish jeep would change