Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGIG Hard Drive Upgrade - General Info

Old 11-25-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribing, thanks!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few HD observations

Gents... new guy here who just purchased a 2009 RAM. Came with a mygig REN radio. Ihave managed to upgrade my drive to a 40GB unit as the one that came with my truck was corrupt and was causing all sorts of strange errors. From missing music to the radio just rebooting. I happened to have a PATA 40gb hitachi drive from an old laptop laying around. in pulling the samsung unit, I could not really tell it was ruggedized. I was quite surprised that there was no spring shock system in the drive mount to the underbelly of the radio.

for my upgrade since my existing drive had corrupted files, I paid the $35 at mygig-disk dot com and downloaded the 30, 40 and 60gb RAR files (60 for later expansion). this was pretty darn easy to do.

I did also manage to upgrade my software and the Gracenotes to the latest versions using a CD and dvd respectively.

Biggest thing I need to accomplish now is to access the music files left on the old HDD with windows so that i can clean them up and then put them back on my new drive. there was a number of songs on it that came with the truck that I would like to add to my personal collection (i have 70gb worth of music now anyways). Anyone know how to access these files off the QNX4 formatted drive? Windows has no access, and every google search i have done has lead to a dead end.

thanks gents.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default mygig filess

Does anyone still have the image files for the RER radio, I cannot find them any where, I seen someone selling the drives but price is 100 plus shipping to canada and import duties , I am looking at over 200 CDN. I am a studdent so I cannot afford that , but I do have ide drives here. All I need is the image file. Any help would be great.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default partition 3

does anyone know what is on partition 3, mine is empty, is this normal? does some have a full disk backup for RER radio?

Quick Reply: MyGIG Hard Drive Upgrade - General Info