Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig Mic Kit - 9.599 Disc

Old 04-12-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig Mic Kit - 9.599 Disc

Hi, I received an update disc from HB in the mail a couple months along with a "special" disc for the JK Uconnect. It says "Wrangler JK Special Software for VR/HFM Microphone Based off 9.556"

I installed the mic the connector, checked everything, Installed the update and pressing the buttons still brings the "not equipped" alert up. Has anyone else had this little kit from him, with any success? I am going to wait for the new update anyways to see if it resolves anything, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Are there any more steps then the install mic, update software that need to be taken? I cycled the power a few times.

Thanks guys, any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by vizi0ntek; 04-12-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

not sure if that version enabled the microphone but you can Download the latest software which is 9.713 which has the mic support or just contact harman becker and theyll send you a cd.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

yea I contacted him already and I'm still waitin for the new cd. I was just wondering because he told me this disc was supposed to enable it too. Do you know if the uconnect will work without the mic plugged in even so I can try to troubleshoot a bit more? Thanks
Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

yes the uconnect VR will work without the mic plugged in,

1. have you enabled VR
2. i had to install my upgrade twice before it worked.

put disc in let it install wait for the reboot then when it says do you want to install again DO IT, this worked for me.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

oh ill try that thanks! I did install it twice, but not again right after the first one installed, hope it works, then I can wait for the new disc in the mail instead of risking a bad burn doing it myself.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

nope, didnt work. thats a total of 4 times installing, i might burn the new 9.713 and give that a go. Has anyone had any problems with verbatim or maxell cd-pro discs burning at the slowest speed with these files? thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Copied from another form

Q: How do I access the MyGIG engineering menu?
A: You can access the Engineering Menu of the MyGIG by pressing the 3 Hard Keys: SEEK UP - SEEK DOWN - MENU all at the same time. Which will allow you to test your hard drive, restore the system to factory defaults, reinstall corrupt software, Screw up your MyGIG permanently, etc.. Please be VERY careful when using this menu.

http://mofv.com/mygig/

When you are in the engineering mode scroll the pages till you find the Uconnect tab. It should say disabled press to enable and your done

Last edited by Robar; 04-13-2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Edited direct link.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks BigKahuna! That was exactly the issue I was having. My UConnect finally works!

Quick Reply: Mygig Mic Kit - 9.599 Disc