Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Body Mount & Trans Mount

Old 05-01-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Mount & Trans Mount

So.... I some how managed to bend all of my body mounts and my trans mount. The dealership says it is not covered under my factory warranty or my extended warranty because they believe they vehicle has been in what they call "Deep Mud". I argued with the service manager and the shop manager about this for several hours, but they wouldn't budge.

It doesn't seem to be too big of a problem, but it is causing my Jeep to vibrate at idle. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar damage to their Jeeps. I was also wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to fix it or how to deal with the dealership. Should I even bother fixing it?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

how could you have bent all of your body mounts? And can you physically see that there bent?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK, I was being stupid and wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I gunned it through a mud hole at the badlands in Indiana. What I didn't see were the two little hills on the other side. I hit the first hill and the front of the Jeep lifted up off the ground and then came down hard right into the second hill. I dented the crap out of the factory plastic bumper. I really don't care about the bumper but I am a little worried about the other damage.

The mechanic at the dealer walked me around the Jeep while it was still up on the lift. They body mounts and trans mount are definately bent. The trans mount isn't so bad but the body mounts are. I'm not even sure is I should pursue this with the dealership or if I should just accept that it's my fault and pay for it. They quoted me $970 for everything. At the very least I will get other quotes first. I'm just pissed off because they are pulling the crap with "Deep Mud" voiding the warranty.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pay the dealership for the repairs. They will use mopar parts, your warranty will be reinstated (ask them about this point carefully- I've never heard of a dealership saying that their repair work would void a factory warranty.) All this for a touch over $900 bucks- jump on it before they change their minds ! Fix it yourself or get Joe Blow's garage to do it - you are still out money and you have no warranty ....

Last edited by TINMAN080; 05-01-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Call Extreme jeep in Mchenry and see if they can do anything for you. They are lift friendly and sponsor a local jeep club. They don't care if you wheel it.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

Deep mud! Basically you wrecked it. No different than driving it into a brick wall and wondering why its not covered.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree, I bascially wrecked it. I did; but I talked to Chrysler about the situation this morning. They feel that regardless of what happened the trans mount should not have bent. They said that as long as I didn't hit it on a rock that it shouldn't move. So they are sending me to Arlington Jeep on Monday to get it fixed. Arlington Jeep said they should be able to do the work, but if they don't I will try calling Extreme Jeep. I almost purchased my Jeep from Extreme in the first place; but ended up going elsewhere becuase they refused to negotiate with the price. I may or may not have to pay for the body mounts my self, but I would be willing to do that just to be finished with this whole situation.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear they are taking care of it.

I'm not too hot on extremes sales department either, but the service department is great.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

How hard did you come down. Because to bend the body mounts, motor mounts, and trans mount you would have to have gotton masive air. Ive seen people jump thier jeep 6-10 feet in the air and never seen anyone bend their mounts like that. Broken parts...yes for sure, but not the ones you listed. Just curious.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

The front end barely even left the ground. Thats why I am even attempting to get this covered under my warranty. I feel those parts should have been much stronger.

Quick Reply: Body Mount & Trans Mount