Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Third Row Seat Install - "Little Seats"

Old 09-12-2010, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seat is pretty cool, havin 3 kids may need to go this route some day. Can you guys fold your soft tops down still? It looks like you would have room in the rear facing but hard to tell with the forward facing?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mark9998
This seat is pretty cool, havin 3 kids may need to go this route some day. Can you guys fold your soft tops down still? It looks like you would have room in the rear facing but hard to tell with the forward facing?
The soft-top goes down with no problem when they are sideways. An advantage to the "jump Seats" is a lot of times I only keep the one seat in. We can still carry 4 kids & it doesn't gobble up all the storage.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

How comfortable is the jump seat for a longer trip? It looks like there is a lot more leg room if you get one jump seat and that there is very little legroom with the rear facing bench.

Did I mention that I wanted a Jeep so much that I bought a car that doesn't fit my entire family? My husband works a lot and usually I am solo with the kids but he has been getting a little upset that we can't drive to a restaurant together.

My kids are pretty tall and I am sure the rear facing bench would accommodate my boys for a few years, I am trying to decide which seat I get. (Side Jump or rear bench).
Old 02-25-2011, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

hi and thanks to you saved me from buying a used minivan .
did that in july 2010 .. cost me 600$ cdn ..
it s cheaper then minivan ..
i have 4 children !!

Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Tax money finally came in . I have been watching this thread for awhile and am ready to place my order this weekend. Anyone that has these have any issues? Looking at mounting 1 sideways and I will mount it on the driver side so that I do not need to worry about the subwoofer.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Has anyone installed a third row forward facing bench (aftermarket or older model) in a JKU with the stock subwoofer?
Old 04-09-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Forward Facing Seat

I saw a video link on JK forum recently showing how to install a seat facing forward... keep looking, the link was to u-tube
Old 04-09-2011, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tazzman121
Tax money finally came in . I have been watching this thread for awhile and am ready to place my order this weekend. Anyone that has these have any issues? Looking at mounting 1 sideways and I will mount it on the driver side so that I do not need to worry about the subwoofer.
I've had mine in for three years. The only problem is the seatbelt mechanisn stocks every now and then.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks YellowToy I am placing my order tonight.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CRNA
Has anyone installed a third row forward facing bench (aftermarket or older model) in a JKU with the stock subwoofer?
bump.

Still waiting. I have two potential rear seats from 2 doors, but don't want to buy if I can't make it work. Anyone know of any experience with third row seats with a factory sub?

Quick Reply: Third Row Seat Install - "Little Seats"