Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Getting to back seat in a 2-door

Old 07-17-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have determined that the backseat access method was designed by a 90 year old pervert.
Think about it...as you are sitting in the drivers seat, and some pretty girl is climbing in the back and has to hunch over to get in.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimscale
I have determined that the backseat access method was designed by a 90 year old pervert.
Think about it...as you are sitting in the drivers seat, and some pretty girl is climbing in the back and has to hunch over to get in.

I guess you have given this a lot more thought than me. I too hate trying to get into the back seat, luckily I don't do it that often.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grimscale

Hahahaha!

Being the designated driver for 3 of my female friends had it's moments.

But, if I had a 4-door I could have fit one more.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK here's another one. Has anyone else noticed that if you release the passenger seat with the rear lever while the back seat is folded up it won't lock back in place?

This has happened to me a couple times when camping. I just want to put some stuff behind the passenger seat. It's pretty damn annoying.
You can't slide the passenger seat all the way back to engage the lock when the rear seat is folded forward.

Oh, and the crushing blow to the poor tall guy behind the passenger seat when the passenger hops in front and the seat comes smashing back into his shins.
THATS FUN!

Definitly a sadistic seat designer who hates tall people, short people, fat people and anyone over 100 lbs.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Jedi

there has got to be a way to make that seat fold and tumble. I bet many companies are working on a kit. One benefit though, the other day my aunt and her husband wanted to go for a ride. neither could fit in the back so I got to leave his obnoxious ass there.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by djdingo
I wonder if I'm the only one who noticed this, or the only one who complained about it, but I noticed when you're putting more than one passenger in with you in the Jeep, it's a total pain for the person to get in the back seat!

I had a TJ once and I loved how the passenger seat would move forward then come up and even more forward till it was touching the dashboard. This gave plenty of room for passengers to get into the back seat. But it looks like Jeep gave up this great idea and now the passenger seat just scoots forward but doesn't come up and forward more like in the TJ.

Because of this there is less space between the passenger seat and the center frame to squeeze through to get into the back seat.

Sure, if the top's down, I'd just have them climb over the side or the back to get into the back seat. That would be a lot easier. But with the top up, it's very difficult.

After I bought my Jeep, I even tried it myself. I'm a tall guy too, standing at 6'3". Getting into the back seat was a bit of a squeeze but getting out was almost impossible! I would get one of my legs stuck while trying to exit the Jeep. The way the passenger's seat moves forward is identical to the driver's seat too, so there's no better way to get inside the back.

So I'm calling for all 2-door Jeep owners out there to ask what your opinion is of this. By chance is there any aftermarket parts to make the passenger seat on the JK like that of the TJ? Or does anyone have a great tip when hauling around friends without the ones in the back complaining about it?
The only surefire way to eliminate this problem is to remove the rear seat and hold a lottery for your friends to see who rides with you. The location of the seatbelt attachment also adds to the problem, the seatbelt will darn near hang you getting out of the rear seat....
Old 07-17-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

The problem is solved, get an Unlimited.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

only problems I hear is ouch my head when someone jump in to the back
Old 07-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Ben
JK Freak

But you know once you get back there, the back seats are actually pretty comfortable, especially compared to my old yj.

You think wow look at all this room, this jeep is a lot longer than the old ones, then you look behind you andrealize your head is at the rear glass.

I would rather have my 2 door, but the 4 door makes since, and they look super cool with half doors or doors off!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would LOVE to take the back seat out of my Jeep...

But, I have a condo with no garage.. no where to put it.

I had my younger sister, who is about 5'6" get into the back seat... it didn't look like fun... LOL.

But hey, I don't care, cuz I will never ride in the back of my own Jeep!

Quick Reply: Getting to back seat in a 2-door