Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Getting to back seat in a 2-door

Old 07-18-2008, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take the top off and tell them to climb over the roll bar haha.....thats what i do......but yes its difficult to get in and out....i had a 98 tj and loved how that seat moved forward....guess they got lazy
Old 07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grimscale
I have determined that the backseat access method was designed by a 90 year old pervert.
Think about it...as you are sitting in the drivers seat, and some pretty girl is climbing in the back and has to hunch over to get in.
Hahaha, I don't know how many of my girlfriend's friends I've accidently felt up catching them as they fall out of the back seat area. It's so hard catching a flailing girl. Hell, I've even had to catch my friend's dog as she attempted to get outta the back.

I had the top down one day and one of her friends tried to climb over the side and I kinda had to catch her as she bombed over backwards, and then again when she tried to get out. She woulda faceplanted so bad. Winter is bad, lots of the girls slip on the way out, because they have to try and step onto the sidestep and it's just not really possible.

It really is the seatbelt mount though. Even if the seats don't flip up, if just the belt was mounted so it wasn't sidemounted to the seat making some crazy deathtrap people could get in, and more importantly out, so much better.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sn4cktime
Hahaha, I don't know how many of my girlfriend's friends I've accidently felt up catching them as they fall out of the back seat area. It's so hard catching a flailing girl. Hell, I've even had to catch my friend's dog as she attempted to get outta the back.

I had the top down one day and one of her friends tried to climb over the side and I kinda had to catch her as she bombed over backwards, and then again when she tried to get out. She woulda faceplanted so bad. Winter is bad, lots of the girls slip on the way out, because they have to try and step onto the sidestep and it's just not really possible.

It really is the seatbelt mount though. Even if the seats don't flip up, if just the belt was mounted so it wasn't sidemounted to the seat making some crazy deathtrap people could get in, and more importantly out, so much better.
What's weird is that on the drivers side this is not an issue. Which is to say the seat belt is not connected to the seat at all.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by claymore
The problem is solved, get an Unlimited.
I think they are nice mini-vans. I dont have any kids to take to soccer practice though.

I am j/k I could barely decide between a 2 and 4 door when i bought mine.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

solve rear seat problem

1 step on tire

2 swing in

3 fit comfortably

Quick Reply: Getting to back seat in a 2-door