Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Scratched Rims

Old 07-17-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratched Rims

At some point I managed to scratch the hell out of all four of my rims. One of the mud holes I was playing around in recently had a lot of little rocks in it and I would assume those rocks are to blame for my scratches. Anyway, they left a bunch of circular scratches all the way around each of my rims. Does any one have any suggestions on how I can fix this, or at least make it look a little better? I will post some pictures later tonight when I get home.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
JK Freak

there no point to it they are there for life be happy about it
Old 07-17-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

rock rash i would put some baby powder on them
Old 07-17-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Battle Scars are cool

All five of my rims pretty much look like this.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derekjm14
At some point I managed to scratch the hell out of all four of my rims. One of the mud holes I was playing around in recently had a lot of little rocks in it and I would assume those rocks are to blame for my scratches. Anyway, they left a bunch of circular scratches all the way around each of my rims. Does any one have any suggestions on how I can fix this, or at least make it look a little better? I will post some pictures later tonight when I get home.
I did the same thing to my rubicon wheels. I like to wheel and am picky (not a good combo) I used a mothers power ball mini and mothers aluminum polish and it made a big difference. Then a buddy lifted his and sold me his stock wheels real cheap.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

There are a set of the Gladiator rims that were in the for sale seection that someone painted black....
If you paint your rims flat black it could be easy to recoat if scratched...
Old 07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess you could try the stuff that they use on stainless appliances. Costco makes a good one just make sure you don't spray it directly on the rims (brake issues).
Old 07-18-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

my rubi rims fiunally got chewed up on the last trail ride on the rocks, not too bad, but def can tell the jeep is used for what its intended as mentioned above
Old 07-18-2008, 12:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

My rims right now have very little damage on them and, truth be known, I feel so much the poser because of that. I've got to get out on the rocks, soon!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi,
I guess I should clean the mud off mine and see if I have any scratches too (Ha, Ha)! I have personally thought that a "well used" looking Jeep had a bit more character than a shiney "mall crawler". But that's just me. Take care... Mike

Quick Reply: Scratched Rims