Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Fog Lights off of stock circuit

Old 03-18-2007, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
I wonder what needs to be done to change that.
Fixing that relay. However, the question would be why would you want to turn that off? Fog lights are for very close, high beams are for very far. It would be like having the backup lamps on when you drive forward.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
. . . As a matter of fact if you have the fog lights on and you turn on the high beams, the fog lights will shut off. The're just not wired to be on with the high beams, mainly because whith the high beams on in the fog the light gets reflected back at you which is worthless in that kind of a situation.

Well, yes and no. Yes in that high beams are worthless in fog, but the reason the fog lights turn off when the high beams are on is because you don't want any light in the foreground as it hurts your long distance vision.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:07 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
I So I would have to use foglights rated at 42w or less? .

You can use any wattage you like if you just use the factory fog wiring to trip a relay hooked to the battery. If you go over about 45w with the factory wiring the breaker will trip as long as the high load is there.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kaffeene
Yeah I didn't think the Wrangler was getting that advanced. And they've got rain sensing wipers and a soft top that closes at the first sign of a considerble drop in baromic pressure. I wouldn't want those features ever. I like manual control. Though I do want to order the power windows in the JK, even though I never minded the manual roll up windows, but power windows is still a manually operated feature... I have to touch the switch.
Next years JK will have a rock sensor that triggers the swaybar disco

Quick Reply: New Fog Lights off of stock circuit