Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Unhappy with Infinity System

Old 03-17-2007, 01:19 PM
RLandis

Default Unhappy with Infinity System

I'm ready to spend some money to replace the Infinity system. Does anyone have any suggestions? The only thing I don't want to do is get a big enclosure for speakers.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I two am unhappy with the inifinity system. I believe if the volume of the soundbar speakers could be increased, the Inifinifty system might be OK.

What about the Inifinity system are you unhappy with?
Old 03-17-2007, 03:53 PM
RLandis

Originally Posted by Jeff
I two am unhappy with the inifinity system. I believe if the volume of the soundbar speakers could be increased, the Inifinifty system might be OK.

What about the Inifinity system are you unhappy with?
Sub is puny, no punch from system...I was expecting a lot more.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Me personally, I haven't been spoiled with great sound systems in the past (Ford Focus, 4 other Jeep Wranglers, etc.), so this system KICKS BUTT in comparison to anything I've owned. I think once you get to about 20-25 on volume, it sounds super sweet and crisp (depending on music styles you listen to).
Old 03-17-2007, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RLandis
Sub is puny, no punch from system...I was expecting a lot more.
It's an 8 inch sub, so it aint puny. I'm sure you could replace that with a JL sub or something and get some "hit" if you would like to.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bighaeb
It's an 8 inch sub, so it aint puny. I'm sure you could replace that with a JL sub or something and get some "hit" if you would like to.
that would be cool if it is possible.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems that the JK Infinity system is one of the better factory stereo's but still lacking as all factory sound does.

I have time to figure out what I want, but it was either going to be a full replacement of... EVERYTHING, Or... keep the stock headunit, maybe the speakers or just the rear speakers. I haven't got a good listen to it yet.
Upgrade the sub and add amps plus a type of sound processor/ line level converter that will set a flat curve for the factory equalization settings, possibly allowing me to fix that low sounding soundbar.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

I too, thought I could settle for stock.... but ...
I am putting together a system to replace everything but the HU, and it will be completely hidden. Even with the top down, the common theif will think it to be stock system. I will be doing the install over the next couple of weeks, I'll take pics.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ksjeep226
I am putting together a system to replace everything but the HU, and it will be completely hidden. Even with the top down, the common theif will think it to be stock system. I will be doing the install over the next couple of weeks, I'll take pics.
Will you be using a sound processor to correct the soundbars diminished output? Or just a standard level input on the amps?

And yeah... Keep us posted with the details and pics.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:57 PM
RLandis

Originally Posted by ksjeep226
why the mystery? what components are you installing?

Quick Reply: Unhappy with Infinity System