Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Engine swap

Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Khalid
Hi guys, I would like to get some help from you guys to help me in this project. My project is as follow, I wanna install a supercharged 6.0 LS2 vortec engine in my JK using my stock transmission .My question is there any transmission adapter for this engine and second thing is, I am looking for engine mount kit for this kinda engines. Thanks a lot for yor help guys.

regards,

khalid
Glad to see you're considering an LSxx over a hemi. The oiling system alone in the LSxx engines are worthwhile if you crawl your Jeep, oil cavitation/starvation isn't an isssue. You can definitely ditch our stock tranny and go with the GM's Borg Warner T-56 6spd or built 4L80E, Turbo-350 or Turbo-400, we do it all the time with the Fbody cars (TransAms, Camaros, GTO's, etc). Advance Adapters would have what you need to marry the transfer case. Local guy in my hometown has an L2 in his with an auto and an Atlas in his TJ. Motor mounts are a no brainer, the PCM harness and tie-in would be a bit on the costy side to enable it to all work, but ScreaminLizards has done with their hemi conversions, they built their own harness which works just fine, so it can be done.

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 08-22-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 6.0 supercharged done

I did it!!!

I put a 6.0 LS2 with a 4L80E transmission in a 2007 JK. It fits great. Cost a lot less than a hemi and has way more power than I could ever need.

ORE put it in for me, Turn Key provided the engine, bought the trans from a wreaked 3500 dually, added a TCU and good to go.

I think the stock trany will not hold up to the reliability the engine provides. This is why I put such a large and strong trany. A TH400 would work also. Also the stock transfer case is weak, Atlas 4 speed.

Feel free to PM me and I can
Old 08-23-2008, 01:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by riverzendz
A Hemi swap, or any motor swap, is no walk in the park as far as the challenge is concerned.

I can appreciate for sure what you are saying though, as far as wanting something challenging. I just think it might be biting off a little too much.
Yeah what I meant is a Hemi swap buddy.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HolyMolyRacing
I did it!!!

I put a 6.0 LS2 with a 4L80E transmission in a 2007 JK. It fits great. Cost a lot less than a hemi and has way more power than I could ever need.

ORE put it in for me, Turn Key provided the engine, bought the trans from a wreaked 3500 dually, added a TCU and good to go.

I think the stock trany will not hold up to the reliability the engine provides. This is why I put such a large and strong trany. A TH400 would work also. Also the stock transfer case is weak, Atlas 4 speed.

Feel free to PM me and I can
Any more info that you could provide would be great. How much did it cost? Pics etc. Does all the instrumentation work.

I'd much rather have the 6.0 and 4L80E than a Hemi. I've just had better luck with Chev engines and trannys than Dodge over the years. For me the only reason to install a Hemi would be because the 6.0 (or 5.3 for that matter) couldn't be made to interfac with the electronics of the JK. And I guess state smog laws could be an issue too.

Quick Reply: Engine swap